Lemon Drop Chicken Chow Mein uses up your leftover lemon hard candies.
Lemon Drop Chicken Chow Mein features chicken, snow peas, red bell pepper, and carrots in a sweet and sour sauce made with broth, soy sauce, and lemon drops.
This weeks Sunday Supper is all about using leftover candy. When I first saw this weeks Sunday Supper would feature leftover candy I thought about baking candy in cupcakes, or cookies. Or even putting candy in a cheesecake or something like that.
Candy in baked goods is very good, and I love treats like that. But, I had just made Pumpkin Layered Cheesecake and Libby’s Pumpkin Roll, and quite frankly, I didn’t want any more baked goods right now. I need to lose the couple of pounds that are the results of the aforementioned baked goods.
Next, I thought about making a glaze for chicken using something like orange or raspberry jellies. I decided against that because a dish of this nature would be better grilled, and while it has been unseasonably warm here in Kansas, I wanted something that would be easy to make this time of year.
Finally, I decided that I would make a chicken stir fry using lemon candies. Lemon and chicken go so well together, and a stir fry is pretty healthful. The vegetables in this dish are packed with vitamins.
From now on instead of making Lemon Drop Chicken Chow Mein I will just make Lemon Chicken Chow Mein. Omitting the lemon drops and adding a couple of tablespoons of fresh lemon juice along with the zest of 1 lemon will turn this into a very healthy dish, with a lot less sugar.
- Candy Bar Blondies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Gluten Free Seven Layer Candy Bar by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Halloween Hangover Blondies by Cricket’s Confections
- Leftover Candy Peanut Butter Chocolate Crunch Bars by Books n’ Cooks
- Gooey Candy Bar Brownie Cups by Desserts Required
- Leftover Candy Stuffed Brownies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Dark Chocolate Pumpkin Cupcakes by Sunday Supper Movement
- Peanut Butter Cup Coffee Cake by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Pumpkin Chocolate Cake by NinjaBaker
- Candy Bar Truffles by The Crumby Cupcake
- Candy Toffee by Family Foodie
- Candy Filled Lollipops by The Freshman Cook
- Nutty Candy Bar Fudge by And She Cooks
- Butterfinger Biscotti by The Redhead Baker
- Candy Bar Oatmeal Cookies by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Full of Secrets Chocolate Chip Cookies by What Smells So Good?
- Candy Popcorn Balls by Palatable Pastime
- Inside Out Caramel Apple Muffins by Caroline’s Cooking
- Under the Sea Snack Mix by Pies and Plots
- Lemon Drop Chicken Chow Mein by Mindy’s Cooking Obsession
- Snickapplebutterway Salad by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.