Loaded Chicken Potato Bake has bacon and cheese!
Loaded Chicken Potato Bake is so good! Take chunks of chicken and potatoes, toss them in olive oil and seasonings, then bake to perfection.
And if that isn’t enough, add crumbled bacon, green onions, and melt cheese down over all of it. Does that sound delicious, or what?!
I could eat meat and potatoes every single night. Really! They are my favorite, and it doesn’t even matter how they are prepared.
I have yet to make, or be served, a dish containing potatoes that I did not like.
We don’t eat as many potatoes as we used to.
When my kids were little we ate potatoes A LOT. Probably 3 or 4 nights a week.
My husband is glad we eat a wider variety of foods now. Me, too.
A vegetable rounds out this meal nicely, and these Creamed Peas would go great with this dish.
If you are looking for an easy dessert (my weakness!) this Black Forest Poke Cake is super easy and yummy.
There is almost always more than one kind of cheese in my fridge, so for this recipe I used mostly cheddar and a little Romano.
I had some Stella Cheese left from my Perfect Party Cheese Board, so I used a little of that.
Two cheeses give this dish another dimension of flavor, but you could certainly use all cheddar or a combination of different cheeses.
There is no need to buy two different kinds of cheese just for this recipe. It will taste just as good with one kind, I promise!
Loaded Chicken Potato Bake: The perfect recipe for dinner. There is bacon AND cheese! Click To Tweet
- 2 pounds chicken (I used 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts)
- 2 pounds red potatoes (about 5 large)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Romano cheese (you can use all cheddar)
- 4 green onions
- Preheat oven to 400°. Coat a 9" X 13" casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Peel potatoes and cut into 1" pieces. Cut chicken into 1" pieces. Place in casserole dish.
- In a small bowl mix olive oil, pepper, garlic powder,salt, onion powder, and paprika until well combined. Pour over chicken and potatoes. Toss to coat.
- Bake, uncovered, for 50-60 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- While the chicken and potatoes bake fry bacon and crumble. Chop green onions
- When potatoes are tender top with cheeses, bacon and green onions and bake until cheese melts, about 5 minutes.
Adapted from Life In The Lofthouse
Like us on facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/mindyscookingobsession/
Follow us on Instagram @ https://www.instagram.com/mindyscookingobsession/
Follow us on Twitter @ https://twitter.com/mindycancook
Follow us on Pinterest @ https://www.pinterest.com/mindyscookingob/
Pin it for later!