Twix Poke Cake features yellow boxed cake mix, caramel topping, chocolate pudding, whipped topping, and it is topped with chopped up Twix bars.
I have said it before, dessert is my weakness. This Twix Poke Cake is so yummy!
I mean, just think about it – moist yellow cake, a layer of gooey caramel topping, a layer of chocolate pudding, and a layer of whipped topping, and if all that isn’t enough, top it with chopped up Twix bars.
Sounds delish, doesn’t it?!
I just love making poke cakes, and this Twix Poke Cake is one of my favorites so far. I only eat about three different candy bars, and Twix is one of them.
It just seemed like a good idea to make a poke cake with them. I knew I could include all of the elements in a cake.
So I used yellow cake for the cookie, and caramel topping and chocolate pudding seemed like a no-brainer. And of course there has to be whipped topping!
Okay, so there isn’t whipped topping in a Twix bar, but it is a good idea, right?!
The brand of pudding I used was not the most popular brand, and it wasn’t the generic brand either. It was a popular chocolate brand, and I was a little disappointed.
It wasn’t as smooth, and it was darker, and it just didn’t set up like I would have liked it. So next time I make this I will be using the popular name brand that I know I can count on.
But this cake was still amazing, let me be clear about that. It really doesn’t matter what kind of cake mix, pudding, caramel topping or whipped topping you use.
When you get all of the yummy layers together it is one decadent and delicious dessert!
A poke cake made with chocolate and Twix is an easy and delicious dessert. Get the recipe! Click To Tweet
- 1 boxed yellow cake mix, 15.25 ounces
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 jar caramel topping, 14 ounces
- 1 box instanat chocolate pudding, 3.5 ounces
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 tub whipped topping, 8 ounces
- 2 Twix candy bars
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray 9" X 13" cake pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl mix cake mix, water, eggs, and oil until well combined.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake 34-38 minutes, or according to package directions.
- While cake is still hot poke holes in the top of the cake using the handle of a wooden spoon.
- Pour caramel topping evenly over top of cake.
- Mix pudding and 2 cups milk, let sit for a minute or two and then pour evenly over cake.
- Carefully cover the top of the cake evenly with whipped topping.
- Top with chopped Twix bars.
Follow us on Instagram @ https://www.instagram.com/mindyscookingobsession
Like us on facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/mindyscookingobsession/
Follow us on Twitter @ https://twitter.com/mindycancook
Follow us on Pinterest @ https://www.pinterest.com/mindyscookingob/
Pin it for later!