Healthier Slow Cooker Chicken Stew
Healthier Slow Cooker Chicken Stew combines chicken, potatoes, celery, green beans, carrots, buttermilk, milk, sour cream, and spices to make healthy stew.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups red potatoes cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup carrots cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup fresh green beans cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup celery cut into 1/2 inch pieces about 1 stalk with leafy tops
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth or stock
- 3/4 cup lowfat buttermilk
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dill
- 3/4 teapsoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
In a large bowl mix the broth, buttermilk, milk, sour cream, flour, parsley, salt, dill, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper until well combined.
Coat slow cooker with cooking spray. Place vegetables and chicken into the pot. Pour the sauce mixture over the veggies and chicken and cook on low for 4-6 hours or high for 3-4 hours.