Pumpkin Cookies with Marshmallow Glaze ~ The perfect cake like cookie made with canned pumpkin and drizzled with a tasty marshmallow glaze.
One of my favorite things about this time of year is everything pumpkin. I bake at least one (usually more) new pumpkin recipe every year. This year one of those recipes is these Pumpkin Cookies with Marshmallow Glaze.
I always buy a few cans of pumpkin when I shop so I am able to whip up a pumpkin baked good any time I feel the urge.
In my opinion marshmallow and pumpkin go great together. So, I decided to top these cookies with this beautiful marshmallow glaze.
This is a really nice glaze because once it sets up you can stack the cookies on top of each other and they stay looking as pretty as you see in these photos.
How to make Pumpkin Cookies with Marshmallow Glaze
For the cookies:
Preheat oven to 350°. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
In a small bowl combine 2 1/2 cups flour, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Set aside.
Cream 1/2 cup unsalted butter with 1 1/2 cups sugar in a large bowl until combined. Add 1 cup pumpkin puree, 1 egg, and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
Gradually beat in flour mixture. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto prepared baking sheets. Bake 12 – 15 minutes or until edges are brown and no indentation remains when touched.
Cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes then move to wire rack to cool completely.
For the glaze:
Melt 1/4 cup butter in a small saucepan, stir in 1 cup mini marshamallows and continue to stir until melted. Remove from heat and stir in 1 cup powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon milk, mixing until smooth.
If necessary, stir in up to 1 more tablespoon of milk to make glaze so it is the right consistancy to drizzle over cookies.
Drizzle over cookies and let the glaze set.
Some tips for making Pumpkin Cookies with Marshamllow Glaze:
- Make sure your butter is room temperature
- Use a cookie scoop so all of your cookies are the same size
- Put a wire rack on top of a sheet pan when you drizzle the marshmallow glaze over the cookies so it will catch any excess glaze.
We really loved these cookies, I hope you do too!
Pumpkin Cookies with Marshmallow Glaze
For the Pumpkin Cookies:
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspooon salt
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened 1 stick
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
For the Marshmallow Glaze:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk or more if needed
I earn a small commission from Instacart for qualifying purchases.
To make the Pumpkin Cookies:
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray baking sheets with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt; set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar together with a mixer in a large bowl until combined. Add pumpkin, egg, and vanilla and stir until combined. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 12 - 15 minutes or until edges are firm and no indentation remains when lightly touched. Cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks and let cool completely.
To make the Marhshmallow Glaze:
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat, add marshmallows and stir until melted. Remove from heat, add powdered sugar and milk and stir until smooth. Add up to 1 more tablespoon of milk if necessary
- Drizzle Marshmallow Glaze over cookies and allow to set.
Follow us on social media!!
Pin this image for later!!
More pumpkin recipes you might like: