Alfredo Chicken Pasta & Broccoli is a delicious one pot pasta dish that can be on the table in less than 30 minutes!
My Alfredo Chicken Pasta & Broccoli has everything we love in a dish. It’s pasta, so it’s comforting. It is also a one pot dish and we love those!
And because we use our favorite jar Alfredo sauce it is easy peasy! We add chicken and broccoli to give this dish added protein and vitamins.
We eat a lot of chicken because it is low in fat. Women’s Health has a great article about the nutritional value of boneless skinless chicken breasts. Check it out!
Broccoli is one of our favorite veggies and goes so well with Alfredo sauce. We like the way it tastes and love that is is so packed with nutrition.
You can read more about the health benefits of broccoli at Good Housekeeping.
The first thing we do when we get home from work is start dinner. I like to get it done so I can move on to other things. And we are usually very hungry.
Most nights we make something that can be ready in a jiffy. Not that I don’t like cooking, but we try to get the most out of our days.
I used to be a stay-at-home mom and I didn’t mind spending more time on dinner. But now that I work full-time, and try to post on my blog regularly, time is more valuable.
How to make Alfredo Chicken Pasta & Broccoli:
Brown one pound boneless skinless chicken breast in one teaspoon of olive oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add one 15 ounce jar of Alfredo sauce.
- Fill the jar with water and shake to get the leftover sauce from the jar, pour into pot.
- Stir in one 14.5 ounce can of chicken broth and one-half cup milk.
- Add 1 pound of penne or your favorite short-cut pasta.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in two cups broccoli crowns, cover and cook for another seven minutes or until pasta and broccoli are cooked, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle with one-half cup grated Parmesan cheese and allow to melt.
- Serve with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Some other veggies that would be great in this dish are:
- green beans
You can personalize Alfredo Chicken Pasta & Broccoli by using your favorite jar sauce, cut of pasta and vegetable. We hope you will like this dish as much as we do!
Some other easy pasta dishes you might like:
- Homemade Hamburger Helper Chili Mac
- Stovetop Italian Pork Ziti
- Cheesy Beef Taco Noodles
- Marinara Goat Cheese Pasta
- Chicken Spinach Tortellini Alfredo
- Pasta with Peas and Ricotta
- Homemade Hamburger Helper Cheesy Italian Shells
Alfredo Chicken Pasta & Broccoli
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 jar Alfredo sauce 15 ounces
- 1 jar water
- 1 can chicken broth 14.5 ounces
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 pound penne or other short cut pasta
- 2 cups broccoli crowns
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese + additional, if desired
- Cook chicken in olive oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat unitl brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add Aldfredo sauce, jar of water, chicken broth, milk and pasta stirring to combine. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer, cover and cook 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in broccoli and cook for another 8 minutes or until pasta and broccoli are tender.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, cover and let melt. Serve with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Follow us on social media!!
Pin this image!
Pin this image!