This recipe for Pumpkin Sheet Cake is moist, spicy and delicious, and this creamy frosting tops it off perfectly.
This Pumpkin Sheet Cake is the perfect end to any meal or the perfect companion to a rich cup of coffee. And, it is perfect for any time of the year!
Replacing half of the all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour makes this cake a little healthier and the yogurt in the frosting makes it a bit lower in fat than the traditional cream cheese frosting.
This cake would also be a great way to get the kiddos eating pumpkin, which is high in vitamin A, vitamin C and potassium.
Pumpkin Sheet Cake
For the cake:
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 can pumpkin puree, 15 ounces (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 eggs
For the frosting:
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 tbsp margarine or butter ,softened
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2-3 tablespoons plain yogurt
I earn a small commission from Instacart for qualifying purchases.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and lightly flour a 15" X 10" X 1" jelly roll pan.
- Combine the flour, wheat flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, oil, water, and eggs in a large bowl and mix well. Spread into pan.
- Bake for 22-28 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Mix the powdered sugar, margarine, vanilla, and enough yogurt so that the frosting is a spreadable consistency. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Frost cooled bars, garnish with nutmeg, if desired. Refrigerate to set frosting.
Follow us on social media!!
Pin this image for later!!