Banana Chocolate Chip Cupcakes transform a boxed cake mix into a delightful banana treat!
I had some over-ripe bananas the other day so I set out to find something quick and easy to do with them. I ran across this recipe for Betty Crocker Banana Chocolate Chip Cupcakes on the Betty Crocker website and decided to give them a try.
The very first cook book I bought after I got married was by Betty Crocker, and I have been pleased with it for the most part.
Didn’t mean to get off on a tangent, just reminiscing over here. There is nothing better than making a dish for the first time and it coming out good, and everyone you are serving it to likes it.
On the other hand, I have made plenty of dishes that were a huge disappointment. It just comes with the territory, I suppose.
Anyhoo, I like making cakes and other baked goods from scratch, but I see nothing wrong with using packaged mixes sometimes.
Especially this recipe, adding the bananas makes it taste like a homemade recipe. This is the first time I have mixed banana something with chocolate and I must say that is was a good match.
These go really great with a cup of coffee.
Check out the Desserts & Treats section of this blog for other yummy recipes.
Banana Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ SuperMoist™ yellow cake mix
- 1 cup mashed very ripe bananas (2 medium)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 container Betty Crocker™ Rich & Creamy chocolate frosting
I earn a small commission from Instacart for qualifying purchases.
- Heat oven to 375°F (350°F for dark or nonstick pan). Line muffin tins (2 X 12) with paper cups or spray with cooking spray.
- Beat cake mix, bananas, water, butter and eggs in a large bowl until combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake 18 to 24 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Transfer cupcakes to cooling racks and cool completely, about 20 minutes; frost cupcakes.
Reicpe from Betty Crocker.
Follow us on social media!!
Pin this image for later!!