Banana Chocolate Chip Cupcakes transform a boxed cake mix into a delightful banana treat!
I had some over-ripe bananas the other day so I set out to find something quick and easy to do with them. I ran across this recipe for Betty Crocker Banana Chocolate Chip Cupcakes on the Betty Crocker website and decided to give them a try.
The very first cook book I bought after I got married was by Betty Crocker, and I have been pleased with it for the most part.
Didn’t mean to get off on a tangent, just reminiscing over here. There is nothing better than making a dish for the first time and it coming out good, and everyone you are serving it to likes it.
On the other hand, I have made plenty of dishes that were a huge disappointment. It just comes with the territory, I suppose.
Anyhoo, I like making cakes and other baked goods from scratch, but I see nothing wrong with using packaged mixes sometimes.
Especially this recipe, adding the bananas makes it taste like a homemade recipe. This is the first time I have mixed banana something with chocolate and I must say that is was a good match.
These go really great with a cup of coffee.
Check out the Desserts & Treats section of this blog for other yummy recipes.
Banana Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ SuperMoist™ yellow cake mix
- 1 cup mashed very ripe bananas (2 medium)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 container Betty Crocker™ Rich & Creamy chocolate frosting
- Heat oven to 375°F (350°F for dark or nonstick pan). Line muffin tins (2 X 12) with paper cups or spray with cooking spray.
- Beat cake mix, bananas, water, butter and eggs in a large bowl until combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake 18 to 24 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Transfer cupcakes to cooling racks and cool completely, about 20 minutes; frost cupcakes.
Reicpe from Betty Crocker.
Follow us on social media!!
Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram |Twitter
Pin this image for later!!
Ooh! We do banana cupcakes sometimes, never thought to cut a lil’ corner and do a box, well played! We also never thought to add chocolate chips, but that will be remedied in the future. Thanks for the inspiration.
Mindy Boyd says
Lee always says, “My wife made this from scratch, she scratched open the box”. Haha! Thanks for stopping by!
Jessica @ Citrus Blossom Bliss says
Nothing is quite like chocolate frosting on a cupcake! These banana chocolate chip cupcakes look absolutely divine!
Mindy Boyd says
I wasn’t sure I would like the combo of banana and chocolate, but it worked really well together. Thanks for stopping by!