This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MargheritaSnacks #CollectiveBias
Mini Salami Cheese Balls are a fun and tasty appetizer perfect for game day or any occasion that calls for a hand-held snack!
Just seven ingredients are all you need to make these Mini Salami Cheese Balls. They are so easy to make and are sure to be a hit at your next get-together.
We wanted a snack for game day that was easy to make and didn’t require a long list of ingredients. I decided to make a cheese ball with salami and cheese. Because who doesn’t love salami and cheese?
We knew we were going to use Margherita® Hard Salami because it tastes great and is flavored perfectly. When I come up with a new recipe I generally try to use products that have lots of flavor.
This helps me to make tasty and flavorful dishes without having to buy too many different ingredients.
Then I decided that instead of making one large cheese ball I would make mini cheese balls. I like to take foods and sort of break them down into bite sized portions. It makes snacking easier and more fun.
We are a huge fan of pretzels so using a pretzel stick as a handy snack delivery device seemed like a good idea.
To make some of these a little more kid-friendly we left the chives off of some of our Mini Salami Cheese Balls.
If you are not a fan of chives you could use paprika, sesame seeds, or additional shredded cheese to cover your mini cheese balls.
My husband added additional quartered salami slices to his because he wanted “more of that yummy salami”. I was going to take a photo of it but before I could come back with the camera they were GONE!
I guess I should have told him to hold on a minute. Maybe next time, haha.
How to make Mini Salami Cheese Balls:
- Chop Margherita Hard Salami into small pieces, you will need one half cup. Chop one and a half to two packages of chives into small pieces.
- In a medium bowl mix one eight ounce package of room temperature cream cheese, one cup shredded cheddar cheese, one half cup of Margherita Hard Salami, three tablespoons mayonnaise, and two teaspoons Dijon mustard until well combined.
- Shape into one inch balls. Sprinkle with chives and press lightly into cheese ball. This is a bit of a messy job.
- If you want your cheese ball completely covered in chives then you can roll each ball in the chives. You will need more than is called for in this recipe.
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours before serving.
I have to confess that I could not help myself and I ate a couple (or maybe even a few) of these before they were refrigerated. Refrigerating them for a while does a couple of things.
First, they are more set-up and don’t stick to the serving plate. And second, the flavors meld together.
Mini Salami Cheese Balls
- 1/2 cup Margherita Hard Salami chopped
- 1 package cream cheese softened
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 packages chives .5 ounces each
- 32 pretzel sticks
I earn a small commission from Instacart for qualifying purchases.
- In a medium bowl mix Margherita Hard Salami, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, mayonnaise, and Dijon mustard until well combined.
- Shape into 1-inch balls. Sprinkle each ball with some chives, place on a serving plate and insert a pretzel stick into each ball. Refrigerate for a couple of hours before serving.
Follow us on social media!!
Pin this image for later!!