Pineapple Chicken Stir Fry combines savory chicken and veggies with sweet pineapple. It is a quick and healthful dish, great for any night of the week!
I love making dishes like this Pineapple Chicken Stir Fry!
The stir fry dishes I make usually combine meat with tons of veggies.
Then I add a delicious sauce and serve it over rice, chow mien or rice noodles, or even Ramen noodles.
Sunday Supper this week is all about easy dinner recipes and this recipe is pretty easy and really quick.
If I can get dinner on the table in around 30 minutes then I am a happy camper.
My 15 year-old daughter wanted me to serve this over Ramen noodles, so that is what I did.
We usually serve Pineapple Chicken Stir Fry over rice, but I thought why not?
It was pretty good over Ramen noodles.
I can’t remember where I got this recipe.
It is on a piece of paper in a three ring binder that I keep a bunch of recipes in.
When I printed it out (probably 5 or 6 years ago), I only printed the first page and there is nothing on it that gives me any clues as to where it came from.
Google was no help.
For some reason I used to think I needed to print out every recipe.
Apparently I was old school, and liked to see it on paper.
Now when I find a recipe I just bookmark it and go back to that particular blog when I am making my grocery list, or when I am making the dish.
It is important to chop all of the veggies and prepare the sauce ahead of time.
This cooks very quickly, so once you start cooking it only takes about 12 minutes.
Another great tip is to start the pan of water for your rice or noodles first thing.
When I make rice I use the boil-in-bag kind and it takes 10 minutes.
I need to start it just 2 minutes after I start the stir fry, so it is important that the water is boiling and ready.
When I made the Ramen noodles they only take 3 minutes to cook, so I brought the pan of water to a boil and then turned it off until I was about half way done cooking the stir fry.
Then I turned it back on and it came back up to a boil and I was able to drop the Ramen noodles when I had about 3 minutes left on the stir fry.
Pineapple Chicken Stir Fry
For the stir fry:
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast 1 large breast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 small carrots
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1/4 cup green onions
- 1 can pineapple tidbits juice reserved (8 ounces)
For the sauce:
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespooons chicken broth or water
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces (about 1 inch). In a small bowl mix chicken, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar and ground ginger; set aside.
- Peel and thinly slice carrots. Cut bell pepper into 1 inch sticks. Cut snow peas in half. Chop onions and garlic. Drain pineapple, reserving juice.
- In a small bowl mix the pineapple juice, soy sauce, broth (or water), garlic, and corn starch; set aside.
- Heat sesame oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Stirring constantly, cook carrots and bell pepper for 3 minutes. Add snow peas and cook for 2 minutes. Add chicken and cook until no longer pink, about 3 minutes. Add pineapple and green onions; cook 1 minute and then add sauce and cook until thickened, about 2-3 minutes.
- Serve over rice, chow mein, or rice noodles.
For other great ideas check out these easy dinner recipes from other Sunday Supper tastemakers!
- Chicken Enchiladas by Eat, Drink and Be Tracy
- Chicken Scarpariello by Sunday Supper Movement
- Honey Mustard Chicken & Rice Pilaf by Wholistic Woman
- Pan Roasted Chicken Breasts and Vegetables by Simple and Savory
- Pineapple Chicken Stir-Fry by Mindy’s Cooking Obsession
- Roast Chicken by Monica’s Table
- Bucatini with Spinach Pesto by The Chef Next Door
- Chicken Marsala Lasagna Rollups by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Extra Cheesy Stuffed Shells by Positively Stacey
- Quick Chicken Piccata by The Redhead Baker
- Apple Mustard Pork Tenderloin by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cheesy Oven Omelette With Ham by Cricket’s Confections
- Cranberry Orange Pork Roast by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Sweet and Garlicky Slow Cooker Pulled Pork by Family Foodie
Sheet Pan Suppers
- Dijon Salmon Sheet Pan Dinner by Casa de Crews
- Ranch Sheet Pan Pork Dinner by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Sheet Pan Roasted Chicken Thighs Provencal Style by Delaware Girl Eats
Soup and Sandwich Suppers
- Chicken and Cheese Pita Sandwiches by Pies and Plots
- Chicken Chili by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Chicken Marinara Panini by The Freshman Cook
Stove Top Suppers
- Arroz con Coco y Lentejas – Coconut Rice with Lentils by Food Lust People Love
- Asian Tuna Noodle Bowls by Cooking Chat
- Haluski (Cabbage and Noodles) by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Healthy Quinoa Japanese Donburi Bowl by NinjaBaker.com
- One Pot Braised Lamb Shoulder Chops and Vegetables by Caroline’s Cooking
- Slow Cooker Chicken Ratatouille Stew by My Life Cookbook
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Follow us on social media!!
Pin this image for later!!