These Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes only require 5 ingredients, that’s it! We love the taste of sweet potatoes and this version is simple and delicious.
One of our favorite Thanksgiving dishes is sweet potatoes with butter, brown sugar, and miniature marshmallows on top. I have never used a recipe, I just through it all in a casserole dish and it always turns out great.
We always make enough for everyone to have a serving, plus enough so that we have leftovers. That is how I make every dish for Thanksgiving Dinner, enough for 8-10 people with enough to have leftovers to eat most of the weekend.
When I saw that Sunday Supper this week would be holiday side dishes, I thought about making those sweet potatoes.
Then I decided to make my Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes, because this recipe is easier to modify to fit the number of servings someone might want.
You could easily make two servings, if you are only feeding a couple of people, and these would be great any night of the week!
Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes
- 4 sweet potatoes about 10 ounces each
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- miniature marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Scrub sweet potatoes and pierce several times with a fork.
- Place on a sheet pan, bake for 60-75 minutes or until tender. Let cool enough to handle.
- Cut each potato in half lengthwise. Scrape out insides into a large bowl, taking care not to tear the shell. Leave a small rim intact for support.
- Mash sweet potato, butter, brown sugar, and milk until well combined.
- Divide filling between shells. Bake for an additional 20-25 minutes, or until heated through. Remove and top with miniature marshmallows. Place under broiler until brown, about 5 minutes. Watch carefully so the marshmallows don't melt too much.
Fruity Side Dishes
- Cranberry Fluff Salad by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Easy Cheesy Pineapple Bake by This is How I Cook
- Pecan Cranberry Jello Salad by Curious Cuisiniere
- Slow Cooker Butternut Squash and Apples by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
Other Side Dishes
- Chestnut Stuffing by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Easy Mushroom Rice Pilaf by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- One Pot Macaroni and Cheese by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Potato Dinner Rolls by The Redhead Baker
- Sausage, Apple, and Cranberry Stuffing by Life Tastes Good
Potato Side Dishes
- Gingered Sweet Potatoes by Simple and Savory
- Southern Praline Sweet Potato Casserole by The Weekend Gourmet
- Southwestern Potato Bake by The Freshman Cook
- Sweet Potatoes with Cumin Sage Butter by Cooking Chat
- Twice Baked Potato Casserole by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes by Mindy’s Cooking Obsession
Vegetable Side Dishes
- Acorn Squash and Brussel Sprout Side Dish by Caroline’s Cooking
- Broccoli and Cauliflower Cheese Bake by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cheesy Jalapeño Corn Casserole by Food Lust People Love
- German Green Bean Salad (Bohnensalat) by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Homemade Green Bean Casserole by Family Around The Table
- Loaded Mashed Cauliflower Casserole by My Life Cookbook
- Miso Glazed Corn by NinjaBaker.com
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Pine Nuts and Cranberries by The Chef Next Door
- Roasted Carrots and Parsnips with Walnut Pesto by The Hungry Goddess
- Roasted Onions with Parsley Pesto by Monica’s Table
- Roasted Parsnips with Balsamic Vinegar and Rosemary by Wholistic Woman
- Spicy Balsamic Roasted Vegetables by Pies and Plots
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.