Basil Chicken and Vegetables is a delicious, nutritious and easy dish. Perfect for any night of the week because it can be on the table in about 25 minutes!
I have to share with you this product that made prepping for this Basil Chicken and Vegetables super easy.
The garlic, onion and basil I used in this recipe came pre-chopped and pre-measured!
How cool is that?!
It is called Pop & Cook, and it is available exclusively at my favorite store, Walmart.
Onions, garlic, basil, cilantro and ginger are picked at their peak freshness, processed, and then frozen to preserve freshness.
These are picked and frozen literally within a couple of hours!
They come in convenient packaging that is easy to use.
I have been cooking for many years and I still cry every.single.time I chop onions.
It’s ridiculous! I thought that I would get used to it, but that never happened.
Ladies, you feel my pain on this one, right?!
My makeup is perfect, but when I go to make a dish with onions the tears just keep coming.
I have actually left onion out of a dish, especially breakfast, because I didn’t want my fresh eyes and face to be ruined by tears.
Pop & Cook is the answer to my prayers on this.
Garlic is another story, I can never get it chopped up as finely as I would like.
I used to use a small grater or microplane, but that would leave my hands a sticky, smelly mess.
I am so glad Pop & Cook has garlic, too!
Then there are the herbs, the problem for our family and fresh herbs is that I never use all of them and end having to throw the remainder out.
I don’t like to waste money, and wasting food is a waste of money.
Pop & Cook allows me to use what I need and the rest is there waiting for me, chopped and measured.
For this Basil Chicken and Vegetables I used fresh vegetables because I was making it the night I did my grocery shopping.
Keeping frozen vegetables on-hand allows me to make this later on in my grocery shopping cycle.
That is what I love about frozen products like Pop & Cook.
I can always have the ingredients to make a delicious and healthy meal with no fuss.
Pop & Cook Crushed Garlic would be great in this recipe for Chicken with Lemon Leek Zucchini Noodles or this recipe for Stuffed Bell Peppers.
Basil Chicken and Vegetables
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cube Pop & Cook Sauteed Glazed Onions
- 2 cubes Pop & Cook Crushed Garlic
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 3 cubes Pop & Cook Chopped Basil
- 1 yellow squash cut in half and then sliced to make half moons
- 1/2 red bell pepper or any color you like, sliced into thin slices about 1-1 1/2 inches long
- 1 can diced tomatoes drained
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add Pop & Cook onion and garlic and cook for about a minute, add chicken and cook until no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- Add broccoli, cover and cook until desired tenderness, (about 4 minutes for tender crisp broccoli), add Pop & Cook Chopped Basil, squash, bell pepper and tomatoes, cover and cook about 4 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
Head on over to Walmart and see what great dishes you can make with Pop & Cook’s fresh, frozen herbs that are chopped and ready to use!
Follow us on social media!!
Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram |Twitter
Pin this image for later!
Alyssa | Flaxseeds & Fairytales says
What a simple, healthy, and delicious-looking meal! I love the array of veggies and herbs you used. Pop & Cook definitely makes weeknight cooking so easy, doesn’t it? I’ll have to try this at home!
Angie@Angie's Recipes says
Lean protein and lots of veggies…a perfectly light, yet very flavourful dish!