This post is sponsored by Farmland, all opinions are honest and 100% my own.
Cheesy Farmland Hickory Smoked Sausage Hash Brown Casserole features smoked sausage, hash browns, cheese, sour cream, and onions. Classic comfort food!
This recipe was inspired by a dish that I ate out at a popular home-style chain restaurant. Their version doesn’t have meat in it and is served as a side dish. I am a meat and potatoes kind of gal, so I wanted my version to have meat in it, making it the main dish. So, I give you Cheesy Farmland Hickory Smoked Sausage Hash Brown Casserole!
While deciding what meat I wanted to put into this dish, Farmland Hickory Smoked Sausage Rope was the first meat I thought of. I wanted something I could just cut up and add in there, without having to cook it first. This Farmland sausage is hickory smoked (as the name implies) over real hardwood right here in the United States. The smoky sausage gives this casserole such great flavor. Smoked meat, potatoes, and cheese… I mean really, does it get any better than that?!
Farmland works with local Midwestern farm families to obtain the very best products, allowing me to support the farm-to-table initiative on a personal level. We pick up their products locally at Dillon’s. And, I know that I am feeding our family high-quality products that do not contain added hormones. Just one more thing I can do as a mom, and wife, to take care of my family in the best way possible.
Another great thing about Farmland is that they are helping support the National FFA Organization (formerly known as the Future Farmers of America) by donating $0.10 of every Farmland item purchased between August 1 and September 20, 2017, up to $75,000. Our local news did a story just the other day about how important it is to preserve the local family farm. I just love it when I can help an important organization by doing something I am already doing.
This is such an easy recipe; the only prep work is chopping the onion and sausage. Then you just mix it all up in a bowl, dump it in a prepared casserole dish, bake and enjoy. We eat it for dinner, mainly, but it makes a great breakfast as well. Perfect too, it you are feeding guests. Check out FarmlandFoods.com for more “farm-to-table” recipe inspiration.
Cheesy Farmland Hickory Smoked Sausage Hash Brown Casserole
- 1 package Farmland Hickory Smoked Sausage Rope 13 ounces
- 1 package refrigerated hash browns 20 ounces
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese divided
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 9" X 13" casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Cut sausage into half-moon shapes (slice and then cut slices in half). Chop onion into small pieces.
- In a large bowl, mix together 1 cup cheese, sour cream, onion, melted butter, salt and pepper. Add sausage and hash browns, gently toss to combine. Pour into prepared casserole dish and top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake for 45 minutes or until heated through and just starting to brown. Let sit 5 minutes before serving.
Follow us on social media!!
Pin this image for later!!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Farmland.