Chicken Rice Vegetable One Pan Dinner is an easy, delicious and comforting one pan meal that is on the table in about 25 minutes!
I have made a chicken over rice kind of dinner for several years. It was fast, but I made the sauce in one pan and the rice in another. I wanted to make a chicken and rice dish that is cooked in one pan, in 30 minutes or less. Thus the Chicken Rice Vegetable One Pan Dinner was born.
Another change I made from the dish I used to make was adding the frozen veggies.
We used to eat our veggies on the side, dirtying yet another pan.
So, while I didn’t cut down on the time, I cut down on the cleanup a lot.
Something my husband loves, since he is the one that cleans up 99% of the time.
This dish is also very easy on the tummy, since it isn’t spicy and has chicken broth and rice.
It is a great meal to feed the kids (or adults) if they aren’t feeling well, since it is a bit like chicken soup.
It is also a wonderful meal to make on those nights when you are stretched for time.
I mean, 25 minutes and dinner is on the table!
This Chicken Rice Vegetable One Pan Dinner is in our regular dinner rotation and we eat it a couple of times a month.
It is also very affordable and you could certainly use boneless, skinless thighs, if you want to make it even more affordable.Chicken Rice Vegetable One Pan Dinner is on the table in about 25 minutes. Get the recipe! Click To Tweet
Looking for other quick one pan dinners?
Try this Skillet Beef Tagine with Spiralized Butternut Squash or this Spicy Chicken, Squash, and Tomatoes, they both take about 30 minutes.
Chicken Rice Vegetable One Pan Dinner
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can chicken broth 14.5 ounces (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup mixed frozen vegetables
- 1 1/2 cups instant rice
I earn a small commission from Instacart for qualifying purchases.
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken until browned, stirring frequently, about 3-4 minutes.
- While chicken cooks, microwave vegetables in a small bowl for 1 minute.
- Add flour, salt and pepper, cook for one minute stirring constantly. Add broth, mix well so that all of the lumps in the flour dissolve. Add vegetables. Bring to a boil and let boil for a couple of minutes, stirring constantly, while the sauce thickens.
- Stir in rice, cover and take off the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir before serving.
Follow us on social media!!