This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HuntsHasHeart #CollectiveBias.
Spicy Chicken, Squash, and Tomatoes is packed with vitamin rich veggies and lean protein, making it the perfect dish to kick off Heart Health month!
February is Heart Health month! Heart health is near and dear to me personally because, like many middle-aged people, my husband has hypertension (high blood pressure) and high cholesterol. Lee was diagnosed after he started having an irregular heartbeat about 10 years ago.
He has been taking medication for both conditions since then, and I can rest a little easier knowing we are doing everything we can to take care of him.
When Lee was diagnosed I had to learn how to eat healthier. Like many people, we just ate whatever we wanted, not really thinking about the consequences these unhealthy foods might have on our bodies.
The single most important thing I learned was to eat lots of healthy fruits and veggies, lean proteins, and small amounts of dairy each day. After nutrition comes exercise.
Exercising for about 30 minutes, 5 times a week has many health benefits. Not only is it great for the heart, it is also great for overall health.
These are the ingredients needed to make this simple and delicious, heart healthy Spicy Chicken, Squash, and Tomatoes. ⇑
I cut my squash into nice, bite-sized pieces. I used 1 pound of zucchini and 1 pound of yellow squash. ⇓
This Spicy Chicken, Squash, and Tomatoes is great for any night of the week because it is healthful, easy and quick! I use Hunt’s® Diced Tomatoes with Spicy Red Pepper to turn this good dish into a great dish.
The spicy red pepper takes it to the next level. I can also feel good about purchasing a brand that supports causes that are important.
Have you ever used the ibotta grocery rebate app? If not, you are missing out.
It is so easy to use and it saves me money doing something I am already doing. I love it when that happens!
Just download the app to your smartphone and create an account. Choose a store, then look through the current offers to see which rebates are available.
Once you’ve finished shopping, proceed to checkout as normal. When you get home, you will have to answer a question, or watch a very short video, to unlock the rebate.
As you are putting your groceries away, scan the items you are claiming the rebate for, then scan your receipt. That’s it! Once you reach $20 (and it probably won’t take that long), you can send it to Paypal.
Spicy Chicken, Squash, and Tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup onion
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cans Hunt's® Diced Tomatoes With Spicy Red Pepper undrained (14.5 ounces each)
- 1 pound zucchini
- 1 pound yellow squash
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
I earn a small commission from Instacart for qualifying purchases.
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces. Chop zucchini and yellow squash in fourths lengthwise, then into bite sized pieces. (see picture above) Dice onion.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook until lightly browned and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute longer.
- Add chicken and cook until brown, 4-5 minutes.
- Add canned tomatoes, zucchini, yellow squash, basil, oregano, parsley, and pepper; cook for 13-15 minutes or until squash is tender and chicken is cooked through.
Follow us on social media!!
Pin this image for later!!