This Baked Ravioli Lasagna Casserole recipe is a game changer because we use ravioli in place of traditional lasagna noodles and ricotta cheese layers. All you need is frozen ravioli, ground beef, marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese, and Parmesan cheese to make this easy recipe.
Pasta is the ultimate comfort food and is a family favorite. When we are deciding what we are going to eat for the week pasta is always on the menu. It is definitely one dish we can all agree on.
Pasta is also the one food I make in the most different ways. There are so many different shapes, sauces, cheeses and meat combinations. We usually add a simple green salad and some garlic bread for a super easy and delicious meal.
Table of contents
Why you’ll love this easy ravioli lasagna recipe
- You need just 5 ingredients!
- It is sure to be a hit with the whole family, especially the kids.
- This easy and inexpensive dish is perfect for busy weeknights.
- Ravioli lasagna combines 2 delicious dishes in one.
See recipe card for exact amounts.
ravioli – we usually use frozen cheese ravioli, any type of frozen ravioli can be used.
pasta sauce – any brand works great, homemade spaghetti sauce works too.
ground beef – I typical buy the leanest ground beef possible because I don’t have to drain it. It is better for us but the not draining part is the draw for me.
mozzarella cheese – we buy pre-shredded mozzarella because it is convenient.
Parmesan cheese – preshredded or the block type work perfectly. We usually have a block on hand at all times so we usually grate our own.
cooking spray – vegetable oil, canola oil or olive oil spray are all fine.
How to make this lazy lasagna recipe
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Spray a 9″ X 13″ baking dish with cooking spray and put about 1 cup pasta sauce on the bottom of the casserole dish so that it covers the surface. This is about 1/3 of the jar.
- Brown the ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat (drain off the excess fat if not using extra lean), stir in the remaining sauce and heat through.
- Put half of the ravioli in a single layer on top of the sauce, then add half of the sauce mixture, then 1 cup of mozzarella, then add the last layer of ravioli, the remaining meat sauce and top it with 3/4 cup of mozzarella cheese and the Parmesan cheese.
- Cover it tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes, remove the foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until it is hot and bubbly. Let it stand 5-10 minutes before serving.
Using fresh ravioli will shorten the cooking time, start checking it to see if it is hot after about 20 minutes.
Substitutions & Additions
- Use ground turkey, ground chicken or bulk Italian sausage instead of ground beef.
- Add a layer of ricotta cheese or cottage cheese in between the sauce and cheese layers. You really can’t have too much cheese, can you?!
- Add chopped onion to the meat when you are browning it so the onion gets nice and soft.
- Diced green bell pepper would also be a great addition, you would add it to the meat also so it can get soft.
- Sprinkle grated Parmesan (the kind in a plastic container that you find on the pasta aisle) on top before you bake it. This type has a different flavor than the grated Parmesan we use in the recipe.
- Use whatever kind of ravioli you want, meat ravioli, spinach ravioli or mushroom ravioli would be really good in this dish.
- Use anywhere from 1 1/2 to 2 cups of mozzarella cheese. We buy the reduced fat and it just happens to come in a hand 1 3/4 cup package. The full fat variety comes in a 2 cup package so you could definitely use the whole 2 cups. Again, you can’t have too much cheese!
Storage & Reheating
Store leftover ravioli lasagna casserole in an airtight container for about 3 days. We reheat individual servings in the microwave.
Follow us on social media!
Bookmark this page so you can find it easily when you are ready to make this recipe!
Baked Ravioli Lasagna Recipe ↓
Easy Lazy Baked Ravioli Lasagna Casserole
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 jar marinara sauce 24 ounces
- 1 pkg frozen ravioli 25 ounces
- 1 3/4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- cooking spray
I earn a small commission from Instacart for qualifying purchases.
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Spray a 9" X 13" baking dish with cooking spray.cooking spray
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat (drain off the excess fat if not using extra lean). Put about 1 cup pasta sauce on the bottom of the casserole dish so that it covers the surface (this is about 1/3 of the jar) and stir in the remaining sauce into the ground beef and heat through.1 lb ground beef, 1 jar marinara sauce
- Put half of the ravioli in a single layer on top of the sauce, then add half of the sauce mixture, then 1 cup of mozzarella, then add the last layer of ravioli, the second half of the remaining meat sauce and top it with 3/4 cup of mozzarella cheese and the Parmesan cheese.1 pkg frozen ravioli, 1 3/4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes, remove the foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.
Bookmark this page to find it quickly when you are ready to make this recipe!
More pasta recipes
A better-for-you version of the popular boxed dinner.
So hearty and flavorful you won’t even miss the meat.
More casserole recipes
We lighten this dish up by using low carb tortillas. Enjoy this dish guilt-free!
Seasoned beef in low carb tortillas that is topped with a tangy avocado sauce.