Fruit Salad is so flavorful and refreshing!
Fruit Salad – The pineapple and apples are tart but sweet, the grapes and bananas have a nice mellow flavor, the coconut offers a little texture, and the warmed honey with just a dash of cinnamon make this salad the perfect healthy side salad that will round out any meal, or make a great snack.
I especially like making salads such as this one when I am planning on grilling. I love having dishes to go with grilled meats that I can make ahead of time and then I get to spend the time outdoors with my husband, Lee, when he is grilling the meat that I prepare for him.
This particular fruit salad recipe is also good because these fruits are available anytime of the year, so you could make this even in the winter.
How to make Fruit Salad:
For the fruit salad
- 2 small or medium apples
- 1 large banana
- 1/4 pound seedless grapes
- 1 can pineapple chunks, juice reserved 20 ounces
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
For the dressing
- 1/4 cup reserved pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons honey warmed
- Dash of ground cinnamon
- Drain pineapple, reserving the juice. Remove core from apples and chop into bite sized pieces. Slice banana. Mix the apples, banana, grapes, pineapples, and coconut in a medium bowl.
- Add the honey to a small bowl and microwave for 10-15 seconds or until warm. Add the pineapple juice and dash of cinnamon and mix well. Pour over the fruit and stir gently to coat. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Follow us on social media!!
Pin this image for later!!