Waldorf Pasta Salad with Pineapples is not only tasty but it is a lighter version of this classic dish!
This Waldorf Pasta Salad with Pineapples is light and flavorful. This dish offers many different textures!
From the crunchy celery, apple, and walnuts, to the juicy pineapple, to the tender pasta.
The sour cream gives it a tangy flavor that is a nice, unexpected surprise.
This is another recipe that I had in a binder and can’t remember where it came from.
I am pretty sure it was in a cookbook I had, and when I donated the cookbook I wrote down the recipe but not the source.
A google search didn’t turn up anything like it. There were some recipes that were similar and some that were very different.
How to make Waldorf Pasta Salad with Pineapples:
Cook one and one-half cups small shell pasta according to package directions and let cool.
Meanwhile, drain one eight ounce can of pineapple, reserving one-quarter cup of the juice.
Combine pasta, drained pineapple, one medium apple (cored and chopped), one cup of chopped celery, and three tablespoons of walnuts in a large bowl.
In a small bowl combine the reserved pineapple juice, two tablespoons each of mayonnaise and sour cream, and one-quarter teaspoon of salt . Add to pasta mixture and toss until combined.
I served this pasta salad with Honey Lime Chicken and zucchini that are cooked on the grill. It makes for a very fast and easy meal that doesn’t heat up my kitchen.
Other fruity salads you might like:
- Asparagus Strawberry Mixed Green Salad
- Refreshing Winter Fruit Salad
- Arby’s Grilled Chicken & Pecan salad (Copycat)
- Fruit Salad
- Triple Berry Cheesecake Salad
- Peach Blueberry Fluff Salad
Waldorf Pasta Salad w/Pineapples
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked shell pasta about 2 cups cooked
- 1 can pineapple chunks with juice (8 ounces)
- 1 medium red apple cored and cubed
- 1 cup celery
- 3 tablespoons walnuts chopped
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise I use the kind with olive oil
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cook pasta according to package directions and let cool.
- Meanwhile, drain the pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup of the juice; set aside.
- Combine pasta, drained pineapple, apple, celery, and walnuts in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl combine the pineapple juice, mayonnaise, sour cream, and salt . Add to pasta mixture and toss until combined.
Follow us on social media!!
Pin this image for later!!