The tartness of the mandarin oranges, the sweetness of the apple, the crispness of the celery, and the crunchy walnuts along with the creaminess of the mayo and the zip from the lemon zest and lemon juice give this Mandarin Orange & Apple Salad a variety of yummy tastes and textures. It’s like a party in your mouth!
Serving this dish on a bed of lettuce gives it a sort of fancy look. You could certainly serve it on individual plates on a lettuce leaf or you could serve it in a large serving bowl or individual bowls without lettuce leaves.
We have done both and it is a hit either way!
I love making this Mandarin Orange & Apple Salad ahead of time! I store the salad and dressing separately and then pour the dressing on when I serve it.
It goes really well with my Lemon Pepper or Honey Lime Chicken and a steamed vegetable, to make a quick light meal. Perfect for summertime!
I use Kraft Mayo with Olive Oil, like this. (This is not an affiliate link, I just wanted to show what kind of mayo I use.)
Mandarin Orange & Apple Salad
For the salad
- 1 can drained mandarin oranges, 11 ounces
- 1 apple
- 1/2 cup celery
For the dressing
- 1/3 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, chopped
- lettuce leaves to serve salad on, if desired, but not necessary
- Chop apple and celery. In a medium bowl combine the drained mandarin oranges, apple, and celery.
- In a small bowl combine the mayonnaise, milk, sugar, lemon zest, and lemon juice; mix well.
- If desired, place salad on a bed of lettuce leaves, drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with chopped walnuts.
Follow us on social media!!
Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram |Twitter
Pin this image for later!!
Krysten (@momnoms) says
This looks so good! I can’t wait to try it!
I love that in summer you have all of these amazing fruits that you can throw together to create something magical!
Mindy Boyd says
I do eat more fruit salads in the summer because they are great to make ahead, especially for grilling. Thanks for stopping by!