Mini Meat Loaf is an easy meal that can be made ahead. This recipe can be doubled or even tripled to feed a crowd.
Thankfully, I made my Mini Meat Loaf last week and froze some because this week has been extremely busy.
I am taking college classes and this week has definitely challenged my time management skills.
I usually serve them with Herb Roasted Red Potatoes and a steamed veggie.
Fast and delicious, two of my favorite things.
I originally found this recipe on the Cooking Light website, and I have tweeked it a little bit to fit our taste.
I also try not to buy ingredients that I will only use for one dish, and I haven’t found another use for horseradish (an ingredient in the original recipe) yet.
Perhaps I will at some point and then I could put it in this dish, even though I don’t think it needs anything else.
I am feeding four, so I double the recipe so that I will have enough for three dinners.
The pictures in this recipe are for a single batch.
It is a quick meal the first time, which is great.
What is even greater is how fast I can make dinner the second and third times.
Perfect for busy week nights.
This would also be good if you make dinners on the weekends for the week ahead.
Mini Meat Loaf
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 ounces cheese any variety (diced)
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup ketchup divided
I earn a small commission from Instacart for qualifying purchases.
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Heat a medium skillet over medium high-heat, spray with cooking spray. Saute onion and garlic until the onion becomes translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Combine onion mixture with breadcrumbs, cheeses, Dijon mustard, salt, pepper, ground beef, egg, and 1/4 cup of the ketchup.
- Shape mixture into 6 miniature loaves, 4" X 2".
- Bake for 25 minutes or cooked through.
The finished product, ta-da!