Chocolate Hershey’s Gold Cookies – A classic thin and chewy chocolate cookie with chunks of new Hershey’s Gold candy bar. Yummy!
Have y’all tried the new Hershey’s Gold candy bar? Let me tell you, it is tasty! After having one at work, Lee came home and told me I had to try them. As soon as I did, I knew I had to use them in a chocolate cookie. And that is how I decided to come up with a recipe for these Chocolate Hershey’s Gold Cookies.
So, these candy bars! They are caramelized creme (who knew that was a thing?) and little pieces of peanuts and pretzels.
Buttery sweet with a nice crunch and just a touch of saltiness. Hershey’s hasn’t come out with a new candy bar since the Cookies ‘n Creme in 1995.
Learn more about Hershey’s Gold here.
These candy bars are unlike any other I have had, and I really liked baking with them. Okay, so I enjoyed eating the cookies more than baking them. And Lee really liked them too.
Cookie baking tips:
I let my butter and eggs sit out for about an hour to come to room temperature.
Not giving the butter enough time to soften will not allow it to cream together with the sugar well. Letting it sit out longer may allow it to get too warm, resulting in flatter cookies.
I have used every method to mix cookies. When I was first married I didn’t even have a hand mixer, so all the cookies I made were mixed by hand.
I did get a hand mixer and that is how I mixed cookie dough for the next two decades. Then I finally got a KitchenAid mixer about a year ago and that is how I mix most of my cookie dough now.
It really doesn’t matter – my cookies come out pretty darn good no matter what method I use to mix them. Some recipes call for the dough to be mixed by hand, and sometimes I find it easier to just whip up a batch by hand.
Always let your cookie sheets cool before you load them up with cookies again. Your cookies will spread too much if you put them on a warm cookie sheet.
Chocolate Hershey’s Gold Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 Hershey's Gold candy bars full size, roughly chopped
I earn a small commission from Instacart for qualifying purchases.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Mix the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt together in a medium bowl, set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugars together in a large bowl - this can be done by hand, with a hand mixer, or with the paddle attachment on a stand mixer. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until combined. Add the flour mixture in thirds, mixing well between each addition. Stir in (by hand) the Hershey's Gold chunks.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet, I used a small cookie sccop. Bake until set, 9-11 minutes. Let sit on cookie sheet for 2 minutes then move to a wire rack to cool.
Follow us on social media!!
Pin this image for later!!