Crockpot Mexican Chicken is super simple, requiring only 3 ingredients!
Crockpot Mexican Chicken can be used in tacos, burritos, burrito bowls, and enchiladas. I am sure there are other uses I am not thinking of here.
This literally takes 5 minutes to get ready to put into the slow cooker.
I used a combination of boneless chicken breasts and thighs, but you could certainly use all breasts or all thighs.
The breasts and thighs cost the same at my Walmart, but I mix them because I like the flavor that you get from the dark meat.
I use the black beans from Aldi or Walmart. They are just as good as any canned black bean. I hope you have an Aldi close by because they can save you a lot of money.
Frugal Girl did a post on what to buy and what not to buy at Aldi. You canf ind it here.
How to make Crockpot Mexican Chicken:
- Trim any fat from the 1/2 pound of boneless skinless chicken thighs and breasts.
- Spray crockpot with cooking spray.
- Place chicken, one can black beans, drained and rinsed, and one cup salsa in crockpot.
- Cook on low 6-7 hours or high 3-4 hours.
- Remove chicken from crockpot and shred using two forks. Return chicken to crockpot and stir.
I usually serve this in tortillas with additional salsa, rice, cheese, and Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing . If you choose to use it to make tacos or enchiladas this Spanish Rice would make an excellent side dish.
I am always looking to add nutrition in the dishes I make, and that is why I chose to put the black beans in. If you would like to read about the nutritional benefits of black beans, there is great information here.
Crockpot Mexican Chicken
- 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 can black beans, 15 ounces
- Trim any fat from the chicken.
- Spray Crockpot with cooking spray or line with a plastic liner. Place chicken, beans, and salsa in Crockpot and cook on low for 6-7 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- Remove chicken from the Crockpot and shred using two forks, return to the Crockpot and stir.
- Serve in a taco, burrito, burrito bowl, or any other way you would like.
Follow us on social media!!
Pin this image for later!!