Gingerbread Cupcakes with Maple Glaze are moist and flavorful!
Gingerbread Cupcakes with Maple Glaze are the perfect holiday treat. The holiday season is perfect for baking.
I mean, it’s cold out so warming the house with the oven is always good. And then we get to eat cupcakes, one of my favorite things to do!
This cupcake recipe is easy! We love cupcakes because they are so such a handy treat, just grab one whenever you like.
No cutting and you don’t even need a plate!
Gingerbread Cupcakes with Maple Glaze have such great flavor.
We chose a maple glaze because we wanted an easy recipe that didn’t call for too many ingredients.
You’ll want to use pure maple syrup for this recipe, not pancake syrup.
What’s the difference between pure maple syrup and pancake syrup?
According to Taste Of Home pure maple syrup is just tree sap that has been boiled down to a thicker consistency.
Pancake syrup is made with corn syrup and high fructose corn syrup.
I personally don’t have anything against corn syrup, I just don’t use pancake syrup in this type of recipe. Pure maple syrup is just better in recipes like my Brussels Sprouts & Kale Salad.
I do use pancake syrup to top my pancakes.
And while pure maple syrup is thicker than tree sap, it is thinner than pancake syrup.
These Gingerbread Cupcakes with Maple Glaze would be great served with butter pecan or cinnamon ice cream.
Some other holiday treats you might like:
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Chocolate Yule Log
- Glazed Sour Cream Cookies
- Libby’s Pumpkin Roll
- Peppermint Mocha Poke Cake
- Red Velvet Milkshake
- Sugar Cookie Ice Cream
Gingerbread Cupcakes with Maple Glaze
For the cupcakes:
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup molasses
- 2 eggs
- 2 2/3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
For the glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar sifted
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup not pancake syrup
- pinch salt
Make the cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Cream butter and brown sugar together in a large bowl with an electric mixer until combined. Add water and molasses and beat until combined. Add eggs and continue to beat until combined.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and allspice in a medium bowl until combined. Beat into wet mixture until well combined.
- Divide batter between muffin cups and bake until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 20 - 25 minutes. Cool completely.
Make the glaze:
- Combine powdered sugar, maple sugar and pinch of salt in a small bowl.
- Dip cupcakes into glaze, shake off excess glaze.
Cupcake recipe from Taste Of Home. Maple Glaze recipe from Food Network.
Follow us on social media!!
Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram |Twitter
Pin this image for later!!
They look fantastic! I love the easy and fuss free preparation.
Merry X’mas, Mindy!