White Chocolate Chip Craisin Cookies feature a sugar cookie dough studded with white chocolate chips and sweet craisins. Sure to become a favorite!
We love cookies at our house because they are handy to eat and pretty quick to whip up. I came up with the idea for these White Chocolate Chip Craisin Cookies when I was looking for a way to use the craisins I had leftover after making this Broccoli Salad with Creamy Feta Dressing.
I just couldn’t wait to make another recipe using craisins! For some reason, I only like raisins if they are served warm.
So that means I only like them in freshly baked, warm cookies.
But these craisins! I like them warm or cold.
They are delicious in salads, cookies, and muffins.
Instead of using a traditional chocolate chip cookie recipe I decided to use a sugar cookie dough and add the craisins and white chocolate chips to it.
I didn’t want to use any brown sugar, and that is why this is not a traditional chocolate chip cookie recipe.
Not that I have anything against brown sugar. I think cookies that contain brown sugar are delicious.
I just wanted it to be a simple recipe that was closer to a sugar cookie than a chocolate chip cookie.
These cookies came out really good and I am glad I chose to do them this way.
Of course, these White Chocolate Chip Craisin Cookies were a hit with Lee and me, but my daughter liked them too.
I think the white chocolate and craisins make them more appealing to adults.
Sort of a grown up type of cookie.
Other chip cookies you might like:
White Chocolate Chip Craisin Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups butter softened (3 sticks)
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 cups flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups white chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup craisins cut into small pieces
I earn a small commission from Instacart for qualifying purchases.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl cream butter and sugar, add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt and mix to combine.
- Stir in chips and craisins.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 10-13 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges.
- Let sit on cookie sheet for 2-3 minutes, then cool on wire rack.
For cookies like you see in the pictures; reserve some chips and craisins and then add them to the top of the cookies before baking.
Follow us on social media!!
Pin this image for later!!