Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies are fluffy, cake-like, and so delicious!
I love cookies, they are the perfect little treat! Chocolate chip cookies are one of my favorite and I love that I can change up the texture and appearance by tweaking the recipe a little bit. These Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies are one of my favorite, because I love cake-like anything! Cake-like brownies are a favorite as well.
I searched the internet for a cake-like chocolate chip cookie recipe that I could make, and I found this one at The Kitchen Magpie.
The recipe needed a little tweaking, so I replaced part of the brown sugar with granulated sugar and I cut the amount of chocolate chips.
You are probably thinking I’m nuts, but I really like the taste of the cookie itself and I don’t like too many chocolate chips.
My doggy, Jenna, likes it too because I am more apt to give her a little taste if there is no chocolate in them.
You could certainly use a whole bag of chips, if you want more chocolate in there.
Using less chips is also a great trick for stretching your food dollar.
Don’t these look like the Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies?
They really are beautiful, as well as tasty. You don’t have to worry about them spreading too much.
You can mix the dough up and then bake them immediately.
Sometimes I just want to whip up a batch of cookies without waiting for the cookie dough to chill first.
That is another reason I like these cake-like cookies, because they won’t spread too much.
I didn’t flatten them at all, I left them in the round balls left by my cookie scoop.
Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies are fluffy and cake like. Get the recipe here! Click To Tweet
Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
I earn a small commission from Instacart for qualifying purchases.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line cookie sheets with parchment, or leave ungreased.
- Mix flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl cream together butter and sugars until fluffy with electric mixer or paddle attachment on a stand mixer. Beat in vanilla and eggs until combined, add flour and beat until well incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheets and bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges. Cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes and then move to a wire rack.
Adapted from The Kitchen Magpie.
Follow us on social media!!
Pin this image for later!!