Beef & Noodles is the ultimate comfort food!
Beef & Noodles is so delicious. There is just something about tender roast beef and yummy egg noodles in a rich beef broth that is so comforting.
This recipe is so fast and easy that anyone can have this stick-to-your-ribs dish any night of the week.
When I make my Crock Pot Roast Beef & Brown Gravy I make sure that my roast is big enough so we will have enough roast leftover to make Beef & Noodles.
This makes it a very affordable meal to make. We spend anywhere from $12-$15 for a roast large enough to have leftovers.
I mean, 2 nights worth of meat for that price is a very good deal.
The Reames noodles make this dish very quick and easy, but if you have the time to make the noodles homemade then it costs even less (and honestly, tastes a bit better too). I have a recipe for them here.
This is a family favorite and is often requested for birthday dinners. It also comes out perfect every single time I make it.
It is also a great dish to teach teenagers how to make.
How to make Beef & Noodles:
- In a Dutch oven heat 1/3 cup of canola oil over medium heat.
- Whisk in 1/3 cup flour and let it cook for about a minute.
- Add one 32 ounce container of beef broth, 1 cup of milk, 1 cup of water, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper.
- Heat to boiling then add one 24 ounce pacakge of Reames noodles and about 8 ounces of cooked shredded beef; cook stirring occasionally for 25-30 minutes or until the noodles are done to your liking.
- If necessary, add the other cup of water.
I usually serve Beef & Noodles with mashed potatoes (I know, carb overload!) and a vegetable. Green beans are my ultimate favorite with this dish, but I sometimes make carrots. Like I did the night we ate this meal.
Beef & Noodles
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 container low-sodium beef broth, 32 ounces
- 1 cup milk
- 1-2 cups water
- 1 package Reames egg noodles, 24 ounces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- leftover or cooked roast beef, about 8 ounces
- In a Dutch oven heat the oil over medium heat. Whisk in the flour and let it cook for about a minute. Add the beef broth, milk, 1 cup of water, salt, and pepper.
- Heat to boiling over medium-high heat, add the Reames noodles; reduce heat to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, for 25-30 minutes or until the noodles are done to your liking. Add beef for the last 5 - 10 minutes to heat through. If necessary, add the other cup of water.
Follow us on social media!!
Pin this image for later!!