Chicken With Spiced Peaches is a unique and easy dish!
I really like combining sweet and savory flavors in the dishes I make. I also like using fruit in our dinner in interesting ways, and this recipe for Chicken With Spiced Peaches does just that.
It is very quick and easy. You can have dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes! And not just an ordinary dinner, but one that is kinda fancy. I serve this dish with a wild rice quinoa blend made by Minute Rice (that cooks in 10 minutes) and steamed veggies. I was not paid by Minute Rice to include the link, I am just giving you suggestions on what to serve this with, and showing you what we eat.
Because this dish uses canned peaches you can make it using ingredients that are in the pantry, this makes it a good dish to have towards the end of your grocery shopping cycle. I plan on making the meals that use fresh produce and fruit the days right after I go grocery shopping and then I make the dishes that use mostly ingredients from the pantry the days preceding my shopping trips, so I can shop less often.
The ingredients needed.
This is the marmalade mixture, I just mix it in the measuring cup to cut down on dirty dishes.
The chicken, browned on one side.
The peaches and marmalade mixture, added to the skillet with the chicken.
The finished dish.
Chicken With Spiced Peaches
- 1 can sliced peaches in light syrup
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in half
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Drain peaches reserving 1/2 cup syrup; set peaches aside. Combine 1/2 cup syrup, marmalade, nutmeg, ginger,salt, and pepper; set aside.
- Preheat a large nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray over medium-high heat, when skillet is hot add the chicken and cook until golden brown, turning once, about 5 minutes. Add peaches and marmalade mixture and bring to a boil. Cook for about 10 minutes longer or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and keep warm, either tent with foil or place in a warm oven. Combine the corn starch and water and add to peach mixture. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute or until sauce is thickened. Spoon peaches and sauce over chicken.
Follow us on social media!!
Pin this image for later!!