Easy Caramel Pecan Blondies – Made with common pantry ingredients, these easy to make bars are full of caramel bits and pecans that make them taste amazing!
I have said it many times – dessert is my weakness. Easy Caramel Pecan Blondies are perfect for that time in the evening when you need a little some something sweet to eat.
I’m pretty sure I’m not the only one that wants (or needs) a sweet treat while watching TV after dinner. Right?! You have such a craving too, don’t you?
Have you ever used Kraft Caramel Bits? They are so tasty and perect for my Easy Caramel Pecan Blondies.
When I first used them I wondered if they would just melt into nothing. Well, they didn’t. They stay in perfect shape.
If you look closely in the photos of the cut blondies you can actually see them! They are pretty awesome.
I’m not sure how they will work in cookies, but they are great in these Easy Caramel Pecan Blondies and other recipes that bake for 20 minutes or longer.
The website has some unflavorable reviews warning against using them in cookies. I guess I’ll have to give them a try.
How to make Easy Caramel Pecan Blondies:
- Melt 2 sticks of butter in a small saucepan and let cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Brush the bottom and sides of a 9-inch by 13-inch baking pan with melted butter.
- In a large bowl whisk together melted butter, one cup brown sugar and one cup sugar until combined.
- Add two eggs and two teaspoons vanilla and whisk until combined.
- In a small bowl mix two cups flour and one teaspoon salt stirring until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Stir in one cup caramel bits and one cup chopped pecans.
- Spread into prepared pan and sprinkle with one-half cup chopped pecans. Bake for twenty-two to twenty-four minutes or until edges become golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out almost clean.
- Allow bars to cool completely before cutting into sixteen squares.
I chose to use pecans and caramel bits as mix-ins. Some other things you could mix-in are:
- chocolate chips
- butterscotch chips
- mint chips
- white chocolate chips
- chopped pieces of your favorite candy bar
- m & m’s
- Reese’s Pieces
Some other recipes you might like are:
Easy Pecan Caramel Blondies
- 1 cup butter, melted and cooled slightly 2 sticks
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans divided
- 1 cup caramel bits
I earn a small commission from Instacart for qualifying purchases.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Brush a 9" X 13" baking pan with melted butter.
- In a large bowl whisk together butter, brown sugar and sugar until combined. Whisk in eggs and vanilla.
- Mix flour and salt together in a small bowl. Add to butter mixture and mix until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Stir in 1 cup pecans and caramel bits.
- Spread into prepared pan. Sprinkle with remaining pecans. Bake for 22 - 24 minutes until slightly browned around the edges and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out almost clean.
- Cool completely before cutting into bars.
Recipe adapted from Martha Stewart.
Follow us on social media!!