See how to make the best baguette garlic bread recipe to serve as the perfect side dish with all your favorite pasta dishes.
This restaurant quality garlic bread only requires 5 simple ingredients. To make this an easy recipe we get help from the grocery store by using a store bought baguette. I mean, if you have time to make homemade bread then that is great too. But we simply don’t have that kind of time.
There is nothing better than a side of garlic bread to sop up the extra sauce with when eating pasta or a hearty bowl of soup.
See recipe card for exact amounts.
French Baguette – a long thin loaf with a crispy crunchy crust that is soft inside.
Real Butter – I like unsalted butter.
Garlic – we use fresh garlic cloves for this recipe.
Sea Salt – reduce or omit the salt if you are using salted butter.
Parsley – we use dried parsley because we always have it on-hand.
How to Make This Easy Garlic Bread Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 425°.
- Chop the garlic. Mix softened butter, garlic, parsley and salt together in small bowl.
- Slice baguette into 1 – 1/12 inch slices without cutting the loaf all the way through. See tips below.
- Spread garlic butter mixture generously into slices with the back of a spoon or knife (I use an actual butter knife that is offset).
- Wrap in aluminum foil and place onto a large baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes, open the aluminum foil and bake until the top of the loaf is golden brown, approximately 5 minutes.
Tips for making this homemade garlic bread recipe
- If you don’t have a bread knife use a serrated knife for best results.
- Baguettes are very long so we cut ours into two smaller pieces so we can fit it on the baking sheet.
- Cut the bread into slices without cutting all the way through, just like you would cut a hasselback potato.
- Let the butter come to room temperature and if it is still too stiff to mix then pop it in the microwave for about 10 seconds so it will be easy to mix up.
Substitutions & Additions
Use fresh parsley instead of dried, a couple of tablespoons oughta do it.
Swap the dried parsley for Italian seasoning for extra flavor. Don’t have fresh garlic? Use about a teaspoon of garlic powder instead.
Add about 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper to spice this up a bit.
Want this to have a super fresh taste? Then go ahead and add a little bit of fresh lemon zest.
To Make Cheesy Garlic Bread
Add slices of mozzarella cheese into the slits before baking or sprinkle with Parmesan cheese when you open up the foil to brown the top.
Store leftover garlic bread in a zip top plastic bag or other airtight container for 1-2 days at room temperature or 3-4 days in the fridge. There is a great article over at Food Storages, Choices Alternatives about storing, freezing and reheating garlic bread.
This crispy garlic bread will go great with these dishes!
Alfredo Chicken Pasta & Broccoli
Follow us on social media!!
Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram |Twitter
Bookmark this page to find it quickly when you are ready to make this recipe!
How to Make the Best Baguette Garlic Bread
- 1 baguette 10 - 14 ounces
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic 3 - 4 cloves
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Preheat the oven to 425°.
- Chop garlic. Mix softened butter, garlic, parsley and salt together in small bowl.
- Slice baguette into 1" – 1/12" slices without cutting the loaf all the way through. Spread garlic butter mixture generously into slices with the back of a spoon or knife. Wrap in aluminum foil and place onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, open the aluminum foil and bake until the top of the loaf is golden brown, approximately 3 - 5 minutes.
Leave a Reply