Roasted Beets & Feta Salad is super healthy and super yummy!
Roasted Beets & Feta Salad is another one of my husband’s favorites. We love beets and feta cheese, so putting them together was a no-brainer.
The one thing I want to point out about this recipe is that I have tried roasting the beets without the skin (because I thought it would be easier to peel them before they were cooked, instead of after).
And while peeling is easier and less messy, I thought they were never going to cook all the way through.
For some reason, the skins need to be on when they roast, or it takes forever.
I really can’t tell you how much longer, because I lost track of just how long they were in the oven.
The skin comes off really easy anyway.
Also, beets come in many varying sizes, so you may have to adjust the roasting time accordingly.
I test them by piercing them with a fork to make sure they are cooked all the way through.
If they are small, I would check them after about 45 minutes.
That being said, I don’t think you can overcook them using this method.
We take Roasted Beets & Feta Salad to work in our lunches for a healthy side dish.
It also makes a great afternoon snack.
I think beets pair well with beef.
Roasted Beets & Feta Salad
- 3 beets
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 oz feta cheese crumbled
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Trim and wash beets.
- Place on a large piece of aluminum foil, drizzle with 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Wrap tightly and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake until beets are tender when pierced with a fork, 60 to 75 minutes, depending on the size of the beets.
- Let sit until cool enough to handle, at least 20 minutes.
- Peel beets and slice.
- In a medium bowl whisk the remaining tablespoon of olive oil, white wine vinegar and salt. Toss beets in dressing.
- Arrange beets onto a platter of 4 plates, top with crumbled feta.
Follow us on social media!!