Herb Roasted Pork Tenderloin is tender, juicy, flavorful and can be ready in about 25 minutes!
This recipe for Herb Roasted Pork Tenderloin uses Italian seasoning. The blend I am currently using has oregano, basil, sage, marjoram, and garlic in it.
Herbes de Provence is another spice blend that you could use for this and other great recipes. I love using spice blends instead of buying 5 or 6 bottles because I just have to buy (and store) 1.
We really like pork at our house, and it is one of my youngest daughter’s favorite main course. Pork tenderloin is an excellent choice because it is inexpensive, it is easy to prepare, and it cooks fast.
This is such a flavorful and delicious entree, it is hard to believe that you only need 6 ingredients!
This is also a great dish to serve to guests because it comes out perfect every time, and goes well with many different side dishes.
My Roasted Ranch Potatoes and Creamed Peas would accompany this dish perfectly!
This cut of meat usually has a large piece of fat on one side, so this needs to be cut off using a sharp knife.
Poking the meat with a fork before putting the olive oil and seasoning on it will tenderize the meat.
Searing the meat at a high temperature will help seal in the flavor before finishing it off in the oven.
Herb Roasted Pork Tenderloin
- 1 - 1 pound pork tenderloin trimmed of fat
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Trim the fat from the pork tenderloin.
- Pierce tenderloin all over with a fork and slather with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Combine seasonings and rub evenly over the pork tenderloin.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in an oven proof skillet or dutch oven over medium-high heat. Brown on all sides, about 5 minutes. (You could transfer the tenderloin to a sheet pan if you don't have an oven-proof skillet or other pan).
- Bake in the oven for an additional 15 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads between 145° and 160°. Let rest for about 10 minutes before serving.
Follow us on social media!!
Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram |Twitter
Pin this image for later!!
Pork loin/tenderloin are one of our faves!
Mindy Boyd says
Ours too, thanks!
Sharmila -The Happiefriends Potpourri Corner says
Have not tried my hands on pork so far.. On seeing ur post im gaining confidence…
Mindy Boyd says
It is very tasty, quick and easy, three of my favorite things.