Southwest Ranch Salad with Chicken is a healthy and filling dish.
Southwest Ranch Salad with Chicken features green leaf lettuce, black beans, red onion, Mexican corn, cheese and avocado. We chose to top it with a simple light Ranch lime dressing made with Greek yogurt.
I just love salads like this! Fresh ingredients and a flavorful protein make this dish completely satisfying. We eat this kind of meal for dinner year-round.
The chicken we use in this recipe is seasoned with taco seasoning. We also use Southwest Corn because it has small pieces of poblano and red peppers in it.
In keeping with the healthy benefits of this dish we chose to top it with a simple dressing made with Greek yogurt, fresh squeezed lime juice and packaged Ranch dressing mix.
It is a flavorful dressing that also adds protein.
How to cook the chicken for Southwest Ranch Salad with Chicken:
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a rimmed sheet pan with foil or spray with cooking spray.
- Trim ant fat from the chicken and place on prepared sheet pan.
- In a small bowl mix together 1/2 tablespoon olive oil and 2 teaspoons of your favorite brand of taco seasoning.
- Slather the olive oil mixture over the chicken and bake for 40 – 45 minutes.
- Let rest for 10 minutes.
How to make the salad:
- Chop a head of green leaf lettuce and place about 2 cups on two dinner plates.
- Drain black beans and rinse. Drain Mexican-style corn. Chop a tomato and red onion.
- Place 1/2 cup black beans, 1/4 cup corn, 1/4 cup tomato and 1/4 cup cheese on each plate of lettuce.
- Cut a small avocado and divide between salads.
How to make the Ranch Lime Dressing:
- In a small bowl mix 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt, 1/2 tablespoon fresh lime juice and 1 packet (0.4 ounces) Ranch salad dressing mix until well combined.
- Drizzle over salads.
Southwest Ranch Salad with Chicken
- 1 chicken breast about 8 ounces
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups chopped green leaf lettuce
- 1 cup black beans rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup Mexican style corn drained
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 small avocado diced
For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 packet Ranch dressing mix 0.4 ounces
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine taco seasoning and olive oil in a small bowl, slather on chicken. Bake for 40 - 45 minutes. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- While the chicken rests spread lettuce onto two dinner plates, top each salad with half the black beans, Mexican style corn, tomato, cheese, red onion, and avocado.
- Mix the Greek yogurt, lime juice, Ranch dressing mix, and enough milk to make dressing the desired consistency (we like ours to be thick), drizzle over salads.
Follow us on social media!!
Pin this image for later!!
Some other recipes you might like: