Healthy Cranberry Tuna Salad is a light and easy meal option!
My Healthy Cranberry Tuna Salad is a tasty variation of classic tuna salad.
We eat canned tuna for lunch nearly every weekend because it is so healthy.
We usually eat it on Sara Lee 45 calorie bread and pair it with Lays or Ruffles baked potato chips and fresh fruit for a balanced meal.
Benefits of eating canned tuna
According to WebMD eating canned tuna has the following health benefits:
- Excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids
- Promote eye health
- High in protein
- Low in calories
“Omega-3 fatty acids in tuna fish may help to reduce the level of omega-6 fatty acids and LDL cholesterol that can accumulate inside the arteries of the heart. Studies have shown that eating more omega-3 is associated with reduced rates of cardiovascular disease, including heart attacks.”
What kind of mayo should I use to make Healthy Cranberry Tuna Salad?
Follow us on social media!!
We absolutely love dried cranberries (craisins)! I use them in a lot of recipes.
Here are some of our favorites:
More sandwich recipes you might like:
Healthy Cranberry Tuna Salad
- 3 cans tuna packed in water 5 ounces each
- 3 tablespoons low fat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons Greek yogurt plain
- 1/2 cup chopped celery about 2 stalks
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Drain tuna.
- Mix tuna, mayo, Greek yogurt, celery, dried cranberries, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a medium bowl until well combined.
- Serve on bread or lettuce leaves.