This post for Salmon Beet & Orange Salad is sponsored by Gorton’s but the opinions expressed here are my own.
Salmon Beet & Orange Salad is served on a bed of spring salad mix and topped with an easy honey mustard vinaigrette to make a light and healthy meal.
We use pre-packaged spring mix, Gorton’s Natural Catch Grilled Salmon, and canned beets to get this meal on the table in about 20 minutes!
The new year is upon us and I, like many people, have resolved to eat better and lose a few of the unwanted pounds I have carried for a while now.
We have realized that we need to change our eating habits for the long-term. For us dieting just isn’t doable. We have to change the way we eat or we will just lose it and then put it right back on.
This has happened several times in the past 🙄.
Tips to help you eat better this year:
- Meal plan. It is very important to plan meals so you won’t want to hit the drive through on the way home from work.
- Plan meals that are easy to make. It will be easier to stick to your plan if you don’t dread making dinner.
- Take some help from the grocery store. Buy healthy products that are easy to make.
- Eat several smaller meals daily instead of 3 large ones.
- It is okay to eat that cookie or piece of cake, occasionally. I am less likely to binge eat if I eat a dessert once in a while. In fact, we eat dessert every Friday night.
Lee and I have discovered that we feel better about ourselves when we eat healthy. We are more likely to do something that makes us feel better, so it helps us meet our goals.
Our Salmon Beet & Orange Salad contains quality ingredients that taste delicious, making this meal very satisfying. All of the ingredients are low in calories and each component has health benefits.
Some of the health benefits of eating Salmon Beet & Orange Salad are:
- Gorton’s Natural Catch Grilled Salmon is char-grilled, free of artificial and GMO ingredients, high in protein, low in carbs, and uses 100% sustainable wild-caught salmon. It is also has omega-3 fatty acids.
- Spring salad mix contains vitamin C that supports immune health, and vitamin K that builds bone strength.
- Beets are fiber rich and a great source of folate and vitamin C.
- Avocados have many essential vitamins and omega-3 fatty acids, these are the “good fats”.
- Oranges are packed with vitamin C, can lower cholesterol and help keep blood sugar in check.
Find Gorton’s Natural Catch Grilled Salmon Filets in the freezer section of your favorite grocery store.
Not a fan of honey mustard? Use this 3 Ingredient Orange Vinaigrette instead.
Salmon Beet & Orange Salad
For the salad:
- 2 Gorton's Classic Grilled Salmon Filets
- 4 cups spring salad mix
- 1 cup beets canned
- 1 cup oranges
- 1/2 avocado sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion
For the dressing:
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Cook Gorton's Classic Grilled Salmon Filets according to package directions. While the salmon cooks make the dressing and prepare the salad.
- Whisk the ingredients for the dressing together in a small bowl; set aside.
- Slice the onions and avocado. Cut the peel off the oranges and chop into bite-sized peices.
- Layer the spring mix onto a large platter or 2 dinner plates. Add the beets, oranges, avocado and red onion.
- Using two forks pull the salmon fillets into bite sized pieces and add to the salad. Drizzle with honey mustard vinaigrette.
Follow us on social media!!
Pin this image for later!!