Asiago Garlic Mashed Potatoes are cheesy, creamy and delicious!
These Asiago Garlic Mashed Potatoes will not disappoint. I can’t think of a single food that I have made in more ways than potatoes. They are one of my most favorite foods because they are so versatile (and yummy!). Potatoes can be whipped up in a few minutes, or they can take a few hours. One of my favorite ways to prepare them is mashed. The other thing I love about potatoes is that they go so well with cheese.
I chose to use Stella® Asiago cheese in this recipe, it gives my potatoes authentic Italian flavor. Creamy red potatoes, garlic, and nutty Asiago cheese go together perfectly.
Stella® has a wide variety of artisan cheeses that are great in recipes, to top your favorite dishes, or as a snack. Do you have a recipe using artisan cheese? Stella® is hosting the “Taste of Authenticity” Recipe Contest through January 12, 2018. Submit your original, authentic recipe to Stella® for a chance to win $3,000!
I use red potatoes in these Asiago Garlic Mashed Potatoes because the creamy potatoes and the creamy Asiago cheese are a match made in heaven. While I think potatoes are great with the peel left on, I chose to peel half of my potatoes so there isn’t too much of it in this dish.
Stella® cheese is available in a wedge or shredded. I chose to buy it shredded to make this dish that much easier to make. I also like to have it pre-shredded so I can add it to salads, eggs, or toasted bread.
Check out my Perfect Party Cheese Board for all of your holiday entertaining!
- 2 1/2 pounds red potatoes, 6 medium
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup Stella® Asiago cheese, grated + additional for garnish
- Peel half of the potatoes. Cut all of the potatoes into 1" pieces. Place in a medium to large saucepan and fill with cold water to 1 inch over potatoes. Peel and rough chop garlic and add to the pot with the potatoes.
- Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and boil for 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
- Drain and return to the hot pot. Add butter, milk, salt, pepper, and Stella® Asiago cheese and mash with a potato masher until smooth. Top with additional cheese, if desired.
Follow us on social media!!
Pin this image for later!!
Don’t forget to enter theStella® “Taste of Authenticity” Recipe Contest through January 12, 2018 by submitting your original recipe.