Ham and Potato Quiche features eggs, ham, potatoes, and of course, cheddar cheese. A great main dish for breakfast, brunch, or even dinner!
This Ham and Potato Quiche has all the things that Lee and I both love. He loves ham, eggs, and cheese, and I love potatoes and cheese.
I was pleasantly suprised when my 15 year-old loved it so much she ate seconds! And, when we were deciding what I would make for dinner last night I told her I could make pork chops and we could eat in about 30 minutes, or we could have quiche in about 70 minutes, she chose to wait for the quiche!
I use a premade store bought crust because, well, how easy is that? I have never made pie crust. Perhaps someday, er, maybe not!
The recipe I adapted calls for you to blind bake the crust for 5 minutes. Some of the recipes I ran across directed you to blind bake it for 20 minutes so it wouldn’t get soggy. I opted for the 5 minute one and no soggy crust here!
Some recipes call for you to mix the cheese in and some for you to leave it on the top. The latter option sounded best to me. You could do it either way.
See all that cheesy goodness on the top?! I usually serve this for dinner with a salad. This Baby Greens Salad with Beets & Goat Cheese is a great option. If you are serving this for breakfast or brunch this Fruit Salad would go great with it.
My potato was kinda large, so there is a lot of potato in there (yippee!). And again, the cheesy goodness on top!
The possibilities are great with a recipe like this. You could change the meat, veggie, or type of cheese and come up with many combinations.
My daughter wants me to do one with mushrooms, so that will be happening at some point.
- 1 9 inch pie crust
- 1 tablespooon butter
- 1 potato, diced
- 1 cup ham, diced
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teasponn salt
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Place the crust in a pie pan and pierce all over with a fork.
- Bake for 5 minutes, set aside.
- Lower the oven temperature to 350°.
- In a non-stick skillet melt butter over medium-high heat. Cook potatoes, ham, and onion until brown, stirring often, 6-9 minutes. Let cool a little.
- In a large bowl whisk the eggs and heavy cream. Add salt and pepper and whisk until well combined. Stir in ham mixture, making sure ham and potato mixture is even in egg mixture.
- Top with cheese and bake for 40-45 minutes.
Adapted from The Farmwife Cooks
Follow us on Instagram @ https://www.instagram.com/mindyscookingobsession
Like us on facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/mindyscookingobsession/
Follow us on Twitter @ https://twitter.com/mindycancook
Follow us on Pinterest @ https://www.pinterest.com/mindyscookingob/
Pin it for later!