Peach Yogurt Scones are perfect for breakfast, brunch, or a snack!
Peach Yogurt Scones are a tasty baked good studded with peaches.
We use frozen peaches so we can make these scones any time of the year!
Follow us on social media!!
Scones have the texture similar to a biscuit.
They are like a quick bread because you use baking powder as a leavening agent.
This makes it easy to whip up a batch whenever you want.
Want to try a savory scone recipe? Check out my Cheese & Herb Scones recipe!
Because scones use cold ingredients there is no waiting for butter to soften or ingredients to come to room temperature.
We love recipes like this that we can make on a whim.
You can even use frozen butter!
My Peach Yogurt Scones recipe uses Greek yogurt instead of sour cream.
The recipe I adapted to make this recipe called for sour cream.
I wanted to swap the sour cream out for yogurt.
Lee suggested I use peach Greek yogurt instead of plain, so that is what we did.
It resulted in a tender and delicious peach-y scone.
The pictures don’t really do these scones justice.
They are large. I’d say they were probably as big as my whole hand!
I started to use a smaller rimmed baking sheet but decided to use the biggest one I have, it is 11″ X 17″!
As you can see in the photos, these really puffed up while baking!
Before we popped these babies in the oven we brushed the tops with a beaten egg.
Then we sprinkled them with a little sugar.
I thought about making a glaze for them but decided the sugar would be easier.
The sugar helped give them a golden color and slight crunchy texture.
Some other peach recipes you might like:
Follow us on social media!!
Peach Yogurt Scones
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar plus additional for topping
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter 1 stick
- 1 cup frozen peaches cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup peach Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 egg lightly beaten
I earn a small commission from Instacart for qualifying purchases.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line one large (the one I use is 11" X 17") or two small rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl whisk flour, sugar, baking soda and salt together until combined
- Grate cold butter into the flour mixture using the large holes of the grater, stopping to toss the butter with the flour mixture a couple of times. Mix with your hands to work the butter into smaller pieces in the flour mixture. Add the frozen peaches and toss to combine.
- In a small bowl whisk the Greek yogurt and milk together until well combined. Add to the flour using a fork to combine. The dough will be dry and shaggy. Knead and smoosh the dough together until it barely holds together. Turn onto a floured surface.
- Pat dough into a 1 inch rectangle and cut into 8 pieces. Transfer onto prepared baking sheet. Brush top with egg and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake 18 - 22 minutes or until golden brown.