Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are a soft and fluffy cookie. My personal favorite!
Peanut butter and chocolate are a match made in heaven, don’t you think?
I started with my Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe and changed it up a bit to include crunchy peanut butter.
Of course, you could use creamy peanut butter, or other nut butters. Whatever you like!
I also changed the ratio of granulated sugar and brown sugar for this recipe versus the Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies.
I used the same amount of sugar overall, I just played with the amounts.
We love milk chocolate chips.
You could use semi – sweet chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, or even butterscotch or toffee chips.
Tips for making Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies:
We always use real butter, not margarine. You can use margarine, it costs less than real butter. It will produce a flatter cookie that will most likely cook faster.
There is a great article about the difference between butter and margarine over at Taste Of Home.
We take our butter out of the fridge about an hour before we want to make the cookies. This does depend on the temperature in our house a little bit.
Butter that is too soft will make your cookies spread more and not come out fluffy and cake-like. Butter that is too hard will not blend as well with the sugars.
We also take the eggs out of the fridge when we take the butter out. Room temperature ingredients help baked goods rise correctly.
There is a great article about using room temperature ingredients for baking over at Epicurious.
Make sure cookie sheets are not hot when you put the cookie dough on them. This will also cause the dough to spread and your cookies will be too flat.
To prevent over-baking the cookies take them out of the oven when they are lightly brown around the edges.
We use light colored baking pans. Dark or nonstick pans result in a darker baked good.
In fact, you should lower the oven temperature 25 degrees if you are using nonstick baking pans.
Darker baked goods are fine if that is what you like. I like my baked goods to be light golden brown.
This applies to virtually all baked goods.
Some other cookie recipes you might like:
- Perfect Chocolate Chip
- Almond Joy
- BIG Oatmeal Chocolate Chip
- Chocolate Hershey’s Gold
- Double White Chocolate Chip
- Glazed Sour Cream
- Peanut Butter
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line cookie sheets with parchment, or leave ungreased.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl cream together butter, peanut butter and sugars until fluffy with electric mixer or paddle attachment on a stand mixer. Beat in vanilla and eggs until combined, add flour mixture and beat until well incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheets and bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges. Cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes and then move to a wire rack.
Follow us on social media!!
Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram |Twitter
Anything involves peanut butter and chocolate is irresistible! These classic cookies look amazing, Mindy.
Mindy Boyd says
Thank you, Angie!