Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas feature shredded chicken, black beans, corn, and flour tortillas smothered in a sour cream sauce with green chiles.
I first ate Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas at Chili’s. I loved them and vowed that I would make them at home.
So I searched google for a Chili’s knock-off recipe. Several recipes came up and I chose the one that I thought would be the easiest and the most like Chili’s. There were many, many to choose from.
I made a couple of changes to the recipe, like substituting different cheeses and adding corn and black beans. I had the original recipe that I found (on a blog I am sure) saved on my other computer, but no worries because I had it memorized.
That computer has since gone to computer heaven. When I started writing this post I set out to find where I got the recipe. I wanted to give them credit in this post.
Well that turned out to be impossible. There are so many blogs out there that have the exact recipe and I do not remember where I got it.
Sooo, as not to give credit to the wrong blog I chose not to give credit to anyone.
As you can tell from the picture of ingredients, I shop at Walmart and use a lot of Great Value brand products. We do not “settle”.
I have tried the name brands and I have tried generic brands and if there is a cheaper alternative, I’m in. I mean, why not?
It really is a matter of personal taste that makes us choose one brand over the other. So, why not buy the cheapest if it is just as good?
I really do “Save money. Live better”, and I am fine with that. And I am not partial to Walmart, I also shop at Aldi.
These would be great served with Spanish Rice as a side dish.
Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1 cup grated pepper jack cheese
- 10 flour tortillas 8 inch
- Cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 can chicken broth 14.5 ounces
- 1 can green chilies 4 ounces
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups grated Mexican cheese blend
- Green onions for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a medium bowl mix the chicken, corn, black beans, and pepper jack cheese. Divide between flour tortillas, roll up and place into a 9" X 13" baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a 10" skillet over medium heat, whisk in flour and cook for 1 minute. Add chicken broth stirring constantly with a whisk, cook until thickened, about 4-5 minutes. Remove from the heat and let stand for about 3 minutes. Stir in green chilies and sour cream.
- Pour sauce over enchiladas and top with the Mexican cheese blend. Bake in oven for 20-23 minutes. Broil until cheese is browned. Garnish with green onions, if desired.
Follow us on social media!!
Pin this image for later!!