Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole is super easy and is sure to become a family favorite. I mean, what’s not to love?
Lots of cheese ✔️
We love casseroles like this! They are great if company is here. Not something we have been doing lately…. but someday.
These type of dishes are also great if you have a large family.
This dish is also pretty economical to make.
How much does it cost to make Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole?
tater tots – $2.44
sour cream – $1.38
one dozen eggs – $0.88
cheese – $1.98
milk – $0.14
salsa – $1.98
cilantro – $0.88
That’s a total of $9.68. Under $10.00!
The cost for the spices is minimal if you have them on hand.
If you have to purchase them they can be anywhere from $0.99 to $6.00 each, depending on what size and brand you buy.
For the most part I buy generic spices. I do have favorite name brands for some specific spices.
Tips and tricks:
You don’t have to arrange the tater tots like I did. You can just dump the bag into the casserole dish!
The casserole can be assembled the night before and then all you have to do is pop it in the oven when you wake up in the morning!
Add in meat if you like. Diced ham would be a great choice since it is fully cooked.
Bacon, sausage or chorizo would work too, you just have to brown it and drain it first.
Or use leftover meat if you have it.
Some other topping ideas for Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole:
- Diced tomatoes
- Jalapeno slices
- Sliced green onions
- Pico de gallo
The number of servings you get from this recipe can vary depending on how big the servings are.
We usually get about 9 servings. If you are serving small kids then you would probably get more, maybe 12.
It is made in a 3 quart casserole dish. That is usually about 9″ X 13″ but you can use and oval dish if that is what you have.
Tater tots are really fun for the kids.
You could certainly use the diced potatoes that are found in the refrigerated section of the grocery store, or frozen diced or shredded hash browns.
This Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole heats up well in the microwave. This makes it a great dish to make to eat on the weekend and then heat up the leftovers during the week.
Other casserole type breakfasts you might like:
Cheesy Smoked Sausage Hash Brown Casserole
Chocolate Banana Nut Baked Oatmeal
Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole
- Cooking spray
- 1 package tater tots 32 ounces
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups shredded cheese Mexican blend or your favorite
- sour cream
- cilantro chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°. Spray a 9" X 13" casserole dish (3 quarts) with nonstick cooking spray.
- Arrange tater tots in dish, or you can just pour them in!
- In a large bowl whisk eggs, milk, cumin, chili powder, pepper and garlic powder together until well blended. Pour over tater tots.
- Bake 35 - 40 minutes until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Sprinkle cheese over egg mixture, return to the oven and melt the cheese, 3 - 5 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Top with salsa, sour cream and chopped cilantro.
Recipe minimally adapted from Better Homes & Garden.
Follow us on social media!!
Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram |Twitter
Pin this image for later!!
Budget friendly, delicious and perfect for any meal!