Chicken with Lemon Leek Zucchini Noodles is easy, quick, and healthy – a win-win-win!
This recipe for Chicken with Lemon Leek Zucchini Noodles comes from Cooking Light. I found the recipe on www.myrecipes.com. The original recipe calls for linguine and serves 4.
When I first started making this dish I used whole wheat linguine. It is very good that way too! Right now we are eating a diet that limits the amount of starchy foods we eat.
My husband’s doctor wants him to eat a diet that is mainly fruits, vegetables, lean meats, tree nuts, and dairy.Yep. Not much bread, not much pasta, not much rice, not much cereal, not too many tortillas, and not too much sugar.
So, now I am modifying a lot of the dishes we eat to adhere to these guidelines. And we have been eating a lot of zucchini noodles. They are delicious, easy, and go well with a lot of other veggies, meats, and cheeses. Oh, and healthful!
For great information on the nutritional value of zucchini check out this article at www.nutrition-and-you.com.
We have been doing pretty good with our new way of eating. Being able to modify dishes sure helps a lot.
You could certainly use pasta, regular or whole wheat. You would just cook the pasta according to the package directions and then add it to the sauce after the chicken broth has reduced, before you put the last tablespoon of butter in.
Looking for other pasta and zucchini recipes? Check out this Spaghetti with Zucchini & Tomatoes. A great accompaniment to this dish would be these Parmesan Roasted Green Beans because they can be prepared in about the same amount of time as the Chicken with Lemon Leek Zucchini Noodles.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (approximately 10 ounces each), pounded to about 1" thickness
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup flour
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 leek, cut in half lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 zucchini (about 10-12 ounces), spiralized
- Season chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper, dredge through flour, shake off excess.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken until brown and juices run clear, about 4-5 minutes per side. Remove chicken from pan, keep warm.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter, leeks, garlic, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt; cook until leeks are tender, about 4 minutes.
- Add broth, lemon juice, and zucchini noodles. Cook until noodles are tender and broth is reduced to about half, 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in 1 tablespoon butter.
To flatten chicken breasts: sprinkle with cold water and place between 2 sheets of plastic wrap, gently pound with a meat mallet or heavy skillet to desired thickness.
To clean leaks: slice and place in a medium sized bowl of cold water. Swish the leeks around allowing the sand to settle on the bottom. Scoop leeks out so sand stays in the bowl.
Adapted from MyRecipes
Pin this recipe for later!