Lemon Pepper Chicken is tangy and flavorful.
Lemon juice and just the right amount of pepper give Lemon Pepper Chicken a little bit of zip. Marinating it makes it tender and juicy. It is oh so tasty!
My husband loves everything lemon, so I decided to make a marinade for chicken that is lemon-y. This is what I came up with.
This recipe has no salt because we are always looking for ways to cut our sodium intake, and it tastes great without it. But if you wanted to you could add some salt.
You could use canola oil if you don’t have olive oil. I also use the minced garlic from the jar because it is so easy, and I like the more intense garlic flavor is gives the marinade. You could certainly use a clove of fresh garlic if you want.
You could also marinade the chicken overnight or for several hours, I would let it marinade for at least 30 minutes.
This is the chicken after it has marinated in the refrigerator for about 1 1/2 hours.
Lemon Pepper Chicken
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic (from the jar)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 chicken breasts boneless, skinless
I earn a small commission from Instacart for qualifying purchases.
- Trim any fat from the chicken breasts and pound between two sheets of plastic wrap. Chicken should be about an inch thick at the thickest part.
- Whisk olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, and black pepper in a small bowl until combined.
- Put chicken breasts in a zip top bag along with marinade mixture and marinade in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, or as long as possible. The longer the better. Flip it over at least once in the middle of the marinating process.
- Grill on outdoor grill for about 6 minutes per side or until juices run clear. (See note below for other cooking options if grilling outdoors is not an option)
When I grill the chicken indoors I don’t pound it, because it won’t really fit on my grill pan. I just skip that part. I grill it on both sides on the stove top and then finish it off in a 350° oven for about 20 minutes. If I don’t want to mess with the grill pan then I just cook it on a cookie sheet lined with foil in a 350° oven for about 35 minutes, depending on the size of the chicken breasts.
Follow us on social media!!
Pin this image for later!!