If you are looking for what to serve with chicken tenders then look no further! We have put together a list of What to Serve with Chicken Fingers (Tenders) 60 Best Sides to serve with this popular dish.
What are chicken tenders?
Chicken tenders have a few different names. We have always called them chicken strips but they can also be called chicken fingers.
Chicken tenderloins are a small piece of meat that is attached to the underside of the chicken breast. They are usually breaded and deep fried. The Kitchn has a great article called What the Heck Is a Chicken Tenderloin.
We actually pan fry our homemade chicken tenders and we use the whole boneless skinless chicken breast cut into thin strips. So I suppose that is why we call them chicken strips, because they aren’t actually all tenderloin.
Here is our family favorite recipe!
We dredge them through egg and then a simply seasoned flour mixture and pan fry them in canola oil.
What goes with chicken tenders?
When I think of eating chicken tenders I think comfort food. We always serve them with a starchy side dish and a vegetable to make a complete well-rounded meal.
Classic side dishes like potatoes, sweet potatoes, and macaroni and cheese are perfect. Then we go with a vegetable or cole slaw.
And no good comfort food dinner is complete without a bread, so I have included a few of those in this post.
What sauce to eat with chicken tenders?
Basically any sauce that you would eat with chicken nuggets. This makes me think of the dipping sauces that are served at fast-food restaurants.
Choose your favorite sauce from the below ideas:
- BBQ Sauce
- Honey Mustard
- Ranch Dressing
- Hot Sauce
- Buffalo Sauce
- Sweet & Sour Sauce
- Cream Gravy
Do you use a sauce I haven’t mentioned? Let me know in the comments.
Potato Side Dishes to Serve with Chicken Tenders
Sweet Potato Sides to Serve with Delicious Chicken Tenders
Follow us on social media!
Macaroni & Cheese Recipes
Green Beans to Serve with Juicy Chicken Tenders
Corn Dishes to Serve with Crunchy Chicken Tenders
Carrot Dishes to Serve with Yummy Chicken Strips
Cole Slaw Dishes
Breads & Rolls to Round Out This Delicious Meal
Follow us on social media!
What to Serve with Chicken Fingers (Tenders) 60 Best Sides
For the chicken strips:
- 1 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts (usually 3 breasts)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- canola oil
- 2 cups milk 1% or 2% is fine
For the gravy:
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons canola oil (this is the oil left over in the pan after you cook the chicken)
How to make the chicken strips:
- Cut chicken into strips. Mix flour with salt and pepper in a shallow dish. Beat egg and milk in another shallow dish. Dredge chicken strips through egg mixture and then flour mixture.
- Heat about an 1/8 inch of canola oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken until golden brown on both sides, taking care not to over-crowd the pan. Place on an oven-safe plate lined with paper towels and keep warm in the oven.
How to make the gravy:
- After all of your chicken is cooked make sure you have about 4 tablespoons of canola oil left in your skillet *(see note below)*. Whisk in flour and let cook until bubbly, scraping up brown bits, about 1-2 minutes. Whisk in the milk and cook until it thickens, stirring constantly, about 5 minutes. Your oil will be very hot, so I usually take it off of the stove to add the flour and then I put it back on to whisk in the milk. Serve immediately.
Leave a Reply