Making Homemade Macaroni & Cheese is easy!
Homemade Macaroni & Cheese is actually pretty simple. Monterrey Jack cheese and paprika make this version a little different than what you might be used to.
It is easier than you think to make this yummy comfort food. While the boxed variety of this dish is good if you are short on time, or the kids are making it themselves, this is a great alternative to sort of “adultify” it.
I shop at Walmart a lot, as you can tell from this picture of ingredients. Walmart and Aldi are the only options, where I live, for affordable groceries. This dish comes out really good, even using Great Value products.
I usually buy the cheapest version of a product and try it. If I like it then I will buy it whenever possible. There are many generic products that I use, and there are many products that I only buy my favorite name brand. I don’t see anything wrong with saving money if I am happy with the quality.
Macaroni & Cheese
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups whole milk (low-fat does not work well in this recipe)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups Monterrey Jack cheese, shredded
- Monterrey Jack & Colby cheese blend, finley shredded, for topping
- Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- In a medium saucepan melt the butter over medium heat. Add the flour and cook for about a minute. Whisk in milk and cook until thick and bubbly.
- Add salt, paprika, and pepper and stir until well combined. Whisk in Monterrey Jack cheese until melted and mixture thickens.
- Mix with macaroni noodles and top with the desired amount of shredded Monterrey Jack & Colby cheese blend.
Follow us on social media!!
Pin this image for later!!