Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bars are soft, moist and make the perfect fall dessert or snack!
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bars are some of our favorite treats. We love this time of year because, well, PUMPKIN!
The combination of pumpkin and chocolate go well together and that makes these bars one of our favorite treats.
When we get pumpkin treats out they are mostly pumpkin spice. But when we bake with pumpkin at home we go easy on the spice, using mainly cinnamon.
I love pumpkin flavor and cinnamon is a spice I love baking and cooking with.
My daughters love my Skillet Beef Tagine with Spiralized Butternut Squash, a savory dish where I use cinnamon.
How to make Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bars:
Preheat oven to 375°. Spray a 9″ X 13″ pan with cooking spray.
In a small bowl whisk together one and one-half cups flour, one teaspoon baking powder, one teaspoon cinnamon and one-half salt until combined; set aside
Beat three-fourths cup butter and one cup brown sugar together in a large bowl until creamy and combined. Add one cup pumpkin, two eggs and one teaspoon vanilla and beat until incorporated.
Add the flour mixture and blend until just combined. Fold in one cup chocolate chips. Pour into prepared pan.
Bake for 18 – 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and edges are lightly browned.
Allow to cool and cut into 24 bars
Some bar cookie recipes call for you to line the pan with parchment paper, but I chose not to with this recipe.
I find that sometimes the parchment paper is hard to work with. Just spraying the pan liberally with cooking spray works pretty good.
Especially if the batter or dough you are working with has a moderate to high fat content.
According to healthline pumpkin is very nutritious.
So, if you are going to make a baked good the main ingredient might as well be good for you, right? 😉
Some other bar cookies you might like:
We hope you love these Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bars as much as we do!
Also, this is an easy recipe to make so get the kids in the kitchen with you.
Other pumpkin recipes you might like:
- Pumpkin Oat Muffins
- Pumpkin Cookies with Marshmallow Glaze
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Pie
- The Easiest Pumpkin Pie Cake Ever
- Pumpkin Spice Sugar Cookies
- Libby’s Pumpkin Roll
- Pumpkin Layered Cheesecake
- Pumpkin Sheet Cake
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bars
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 1 cup canned pumpkin not pie filling
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375°. Spray a 9" X 13" pan with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt until combined; set aside
- Beat butter and brown sugar together in a large bowl until creamy. I use a hand-held mixer. Add pumpkin, eggs, and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Add flour mixture and mix until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 18 - 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and edges are lightly browned.
- Allow to cool and cut into 24 bars.
Recipe adapted from Kroger.
Follow us on social media!!
Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram |Twitter
Pin this image for later!!
Daphne Lewis says
Made these delicious pumpkin bars a few days ago, and we love them! This recipe will be one we will be making many times in the future.