Mild Mexican Taco Chili is a super easy one one-pot meal that comes together quickly.
Mild Mexican Taco Chili features ground beef, tomatoes, two kinds of beans, corn, green chiles, taco seasoning and a packet of Ranch dressing.
This meal is perfect for the beginner or novice cook.
Follow us on social media!!
We love one pot meals that we can make and eat a couple times.
When we make this Mild Mexican Taco Chili we eat it twice that week and freeze a batch to eat a few weeks later.
It us usually just the two of us so this recipe goes a long way.
That also makes it pretty economical, and that makes the accountant in me very happy.
I buy the leanest ground beef available, usually 93/7. This is the type we buy for everything.
It is pricey.
You can certainly use ground beef that isn’t this lean, it would need to be drained before adding the other ingredients to the pot.
We are fortunate enough that we can afford it, and only buying groceries for two does help with that.
When my kids were little we could not afford it so we used 80/20 and I drained it.
To make this Mild Mexican Taco Chili a little better for us we use some low sodium products.
And I don’t add any additional salt to the recipe.
This also depends on what is available at the store the day I do my shopping.
The day I bought the ingredients to make this batch they had low sodium taco seasoning and no salt added diced tomatoes.
I would not use all low sodium or no salt added products as I think it needs some salt to make it tasty.
You can use the ingredients you like best!
Want to make this Mild Mexican Taco Chili spicier?
You can use ingredients that are hot, such as the taco seasoning, the diced tomatoes with green chiles, the chili beans, and the green chiles.
These products are all available in hot.
You could also add a jalapeno or habanero pepper to kick it up a notch.
Other one pot meals you might like:
Some ideas for bread to go with this Mild Mexican Taco Chili:
We love to have some sort of bread when we have chili, soup, or stew.
Sometimes we make cheese quesadillas to go with the this type of dish.
We just put cheese in between two tortillas and cook it in a nonstick skillet sprayed with a little cooking spray.
The microwave is also a great way to make a quick quesadilla.
Follow us on social media!!
Mild Mexican Taco Chili
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 packet taco seasoning 1 ounce
- 1 packet Ranch dressing mix 1 ounce
- 1 can chili beans 16 ounces
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained 15.25 ounces
- 1 can Mexican style corn, drained 15.25 ounces
- 1 can diced tomatoes 14.5 ounces
- 1 can tomatoes with green chiles 10 ounces
- 1 can green chiles 4 ounces
- tortilla strips, sour cream, cheese, avocado
- In a Dutch oven cook ground beef and onion over medium-high heat until ground beef is brown and onions are translucent, about 8 - 10 minutes. If you don't use lean ground beef then drain fat.
- Add taco seasoning and Ranch dressing and stir until well combined.
- Add chili beans, black beans, corn, tomatoes, and green chiles; cook until heated through, about 10 minutes.
- Top with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Taste Of Home.