Strawberry Chocolate Chip Muffins are made with fresh strawberries and are bursting with fresh flavor.
We started with Ina Garten’s strawberry muffin recipe and added chocolate chips to make these yummy Strawberry Chocolate Chip Muffins.
These muffins go great with a rich cup of coffee or a refreshing glass of ice cold milk.
This muffin recipe makes about 24 muffins! I was able to take some to work to give to a co-worker.
This particular co-worker is knowledgable and trained me on some of what I do. He is always willing to help when I need it so I thought it would be nice to bring him a treat.
And honestly Lee, Kimberly and I do not need to eat an entire batch of muffins!
We could freeze for later, but I really enjoy them fresh out of the oven.
Muffin Making Tips:
- Do not over-mix your muffin batter, you want it it just combined and it is fine if it is lumpy.
- Line your muffin tin with paper liners for easy clean up.
- Use an ice cream scoop to transfer your batter to the pan or pour it into a large measuring cup with a spout and pour into cups.
- Try not to overfill the cups.
- Using dark non-stick pans will result in a darker baked good. In fact many recipes call for the temperature to be 25° lower if you are using a dark pan. I like to use light colored baking pans because my daughters and I really love baked goods to be lightly browned.
Other muffin recipes you might like:
How to make Strawberry Chocolate Chip Muffins:
Preheat oven to 375° Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
Whisk together three cups of flour, one tablespoon of baking powder, and one-half teaspoon of baking soda together in a large bowl.
Add milk one and one-quarter cups of milk, two lightly beaten eggs, and two sticks of melted, cooled butter and mix until combined. Do not over mix.
Fold in one and one-half cups sugar, one and one-half ups strawberries and one cup chocolate chips.
Divide batter between 24 muffin cups. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the tops are lightly brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Strawberry Chocolate Chip Muffins are an easy and delicious treat. Bookmark the recipe for later! Click To Tweet
Looking for recipes that use fresh strawberries? Check these out:
Strawberry Chocolate Chip Muffin
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 2 sticks butter melted and slightly cooled
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups chopped strawberries
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375° Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and baking soda together in a large bowl. Add milk, eggs, and butter and mix until combined. Do not over mix. Fold in sugar, strawberries and chocolate chips.
- Divide batter between 24 muffin cups. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the tops are lightly brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Recipe adapted from Food Network.
Follow us on social media!!
Pin this image for later!!